I'm now an upcoming artist because of these "new cats", Singer 2baba says

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Collage-Maker-25-Aug-2023-10-04-AM-3367.jpg

Nigerian singer and songwriter Innocent Idibia popularly known as 2face or 2baba has revealed that he now feels like an upcoming artist because of the new generation Nigerian artists.

Due to the rise and growth of the Afrobeats genre, there has been an influx of new artists in the Nigerian entertainment industry. The old artists such as 2face, Dr Sid, DBanj among others, who used to control the scene are no longer the fan favourite. These new artists now compete with artists from the past decade like Wizkid and Davido who have proven their longevity in the game. These "new cats" as they are called are highly talented and they cannot be underestimated.

In a now-deleted post on X, 2face stated that he now considers himself an upcoming artist due to the influence of the "new cats" who have dominated the scene. Confidently, the music icon said he is currently planning a comeback into the music industry soon, informing fans that he is in the studio.

He wrote, "These new cats are not smiling o. I don turn to upcoming artist o chai! But as them talk am, we no go gree for anybody this year. Na kitchen I dey lai dis"

2face is one of Nigeria's greatest artists of all time. He shot into the limelight in early 2000s with his evergreen song "African Queen" which received accolades home and abroad and started an era in the Nigerian music industry. The 48-year old singer is also known for songs including "If Love is a Crime", "Oyi", "Amaka", "Rainbow" among others.