I'm too old to be afraid of death - Remi Tinubu says

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Remi-Tinubu.png

Following the recent death threats labeled against her, the First Lady of Nigeria, Oluremi Tinubu, has stated that at 63, she isn't scared of death.

A video of a Bauchi cleric stating that Oluremi Tinubu should be killed because of her Christian faith made headlines a few weeks ago. Reacting to this, Remi Tinubu said she isn't afraid of death. The First Lady said this during a visit to the Emir of Bauchi's palace, thanking Bauchi State Gov. Bala Mohammed for encouraging her to come and assuring her safety in Bauchi.

She said, "I want to thank His Excellency. He keeps assuring me that I am safe in Bauchi, but I want to say that I am too old to be afraid. If God has granted me over 60 years on earth, I shouldn’t fear death.

I thank God that you encouraged me to come. Nigeria belongs to all of us, and this is the time for us to unite more than ever before."