"I've never been a fan of Ronaldo" Mikel Obi reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
"I've never been a fan of Ronaldo" Mikel Obi reveals

Screenshot_20231117-154620_Google.jpg

Popular Nigerian football star, Mikel Obi has revealed that he has never been a fan of the popular Portuguese Football star, Christiano Ronaldo. Mikel Obi disclosed this in an interview last year but the clips from the interview have surfaced on the internet again recently. In the clip, he was seen saying he wasn't a fan of Ronaldo.

Screenshot_20231114-082848_Google.jpg

Mikel Obi is a famous Former Nigeria football captain. His full name is John Mikel Obi. He is 36 years old. He was born on the 22nd of April 1987 in Jos, Plateau state. He is married to Olga Diyachenko. He retired from football in September 2022 at the age of 35.

In the interview clip, he shared the reason why he has never been a fan of Cristiano Ronaldo. He stated that he doesn't like a player that has a lot of Ego. According to him, Ronaldo has a lot of Ego and this is what has made him not to be a fan. He revealed that this is why he has always preferred Lionel Messi to Ronaldo. This interview had come after Ronaldo became a free agent after his contract had been terminated by Manchester United last year.

Screenshot_20231114-082833_Google.jpg

In his words "I've never been a Ronaldo fan, really, for me he's uhm, when a player has so much ego for me I don't really get it. He's never been one of my favourite players really. That's why I always go for Messi... listen, he is Christiano Ronaldo, he is one of the greatest players ever to have played the game"

See clip below

Last edited: