James Rodriguez: 2014 FIFA World Cup Star Bashes Olympiacos A Month After He Was Released By The Club

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
2014 FIFA World Cup star James Rodriguez has lashed out at previous club Olympiacos just a month after he was released by the Greek side.

James Rodriguez joined Olympiacos in September 2022 and was remarkable in his first few months in Greece.

But following a recurrent injury the former Real Madrid attacker lost his place in the starting 11 of the side and was unexpectedly released by Olympiacos barely seven points after his acquisition.

20230526_070221.jpg

His arrival to the Greek club was welcomed with massive delight by supporters of Olympiacos.

James Rodriguez maintains he doesn't feel bad exiting Olympiacos as he says he wasn't treated fairly “or in a serious way”.

He added that the team owned by Evangelos Marinakis didn't value his input in Athens following 5 goals and 6 assists in 23 games for the side.

In an interview with RCN News, James Rodriguez said:

"I was in 24 games and I played a lot, there could have been more goals. I played well. The numbers are a bit low for what I played.

“I do not regret leaving Olympiacos, as I said before. And more when they don't treat you well or in a serious way and they don't appreciate what you've done."

This statement made by the Colombian is coming a month after he posted a touching farewell post to Olympiacos supporters on Instagram.

Rodriguez expressed that he wants to still be a "member and welcomed in the family of Olympiacos."

He posted: "I would like to thank everyone for all the time that we have spent together.

"Although we are going our separate ways, I feel that I will always be a member and welcomed in the family of Olympiacos and the great port Piraeus.

"I wish all the best to Olympiacos and every success in the future."

James Rodriguez, 31, arrived at Olympiacos with Real Madrid legend Marcelo and former Atletico Madrid defender Sime Vrsaljko.

Both players also failed to live up to the billing and they have subsequently left the club.

Marcelo left Olympiacos for Fluminense in March 2023 after terminating his contract with the Piraeus club, just five months into his one-year-deal.

Sime Vrsaljko joined the side in June 2022 but fast-forward 5 months later, his contract was terminated by mutual agreement.

Meanwhile, this news compounds to James Rodriguez's recent struggles that has seen his footballing career trajectory drop drastically.

The former Everton forward failed to make a lasting impression at Real Madrid since his reported £63 million move in 2014 from AS Monaco.

He also couldn't cement a starting shirt at Bayern Munich during his two-year loan spell with the German club.

James Rodriguez exited Real Madrid in 2019 and made a move to Everton afterwards but left the club in 2021 in spite of a commendable first season in England.

He afterwards made a move to Qatari club Al-Rayyan but terminated his deal just a year later.

James Rodriguez's exit from Olympiacos definitely implies that the 2014 World Cup sensation has been released by three teams in the last three years.

images - 2023-05-26T065429.535.jpeg

Who is James Rodriguez and when was he born?

He is a Colombian professional footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder or a winger for the Colombia national team.

He was born on the 12th of July 1991.

Is James Rodriguez married?

James wedded volleyball player Daniela Ospina and sister of Colombian goalkeeper David Ospina in 2011.

The pair have a daughter named Salome, born on the 29th of May 2013.

On the 27th of July 2017, it was revealed that the couple was in the process of divorcing.

On the 28th of October 2019, James had his first son and second child, Samuel, to a surrogate in Medellín.

James Rodriguez religion?

He is a devoted catholic.

James Rodriguez's net worth?

Based on what we gathered, the Colombians net worth is around £80 million.

James Rodriguez stat?

has scored 120 and provided 147 assists in 453 games so far in his footballing career.

How much did James Rodriguez join Real Madrid for and what year?

James Rodriguez joined Real Madrid for a reported £63 million from AS Monaco in 2014.

His market value?

The current market value of James Rodriguez is €6 million.