Jarell Quansah Reveals Reason For Snubbing Manchester United And Manchester City For Liverpool

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Youngster Jarell Quansah has revealed why he opted to join Liverpool as a child ahead of the two gigantic clubs in Manchester.

Quansah is having a breakthrough season with the Reds this campaign, having spent the second half of last season on loan at Bristol Rovers.

Jarell Quansah has made 25 appearances for Liverpool this season, scoring 1 goal and providing 3 assists in all competitions.

The 23-year-old has come into the Reds' defense and he has displayed his brilliance on many occasions.

Quansah's graduation into the first team of Liverpool comes 16 years after he joined the club from Woolston Rovers in his native Warrington at the age of five.

Jarell Quansah has made it known that at the time, Manchester United and Manchester City were also interested in acquiring him.

The defender in an interview with The Athletic said: “I went around different places to see what was out there. I did City, Manchester United, Wigan, Bolton… all of them.

“Back then, I was just playing and enjoying what I was doing. Any time I could play football, I was happy. My parents thought having more options would be better."

Quansah then shared the major reason that was key to his decision to remain with Liverpool, saying: “I just remember Liverpool offering the best training. That was where I enjoyed my football the most and that's why I stayed.”

Sharing his thoughts on his rise in the current season, Jarell Quansah added:

“Coming into the season, it was more about the opportunity to train with the best players in the world and learn from them.”

The defender said that in the summer of 2023, he thought that he would be sent out on loan again, but when Quansah went on pre-season with the first team, the 23-year-old knew he had to give his all.

Jarell Quansah added: “Last summer, I probably thought the plan would be to go out on loan again.

“But when I went on pre-season with the first team I just said to myself, “You've got to give everything and show what you can do”.

The Englishman has since produced mesmeric defensive displays, having been handed his debut in a 2-1 win over Newcastle United on August 27, 2023, aged 20 years, 6 months and 29 days.

Quansah has slotted into the defensive department of Liverpool seamlessly, with supporters of the Reds not feeling the impact of some key players' unavailability due to injury.

Anyway, Jarell Quansah has his attention fixated on the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, where the Reds travel to Old Trafford to play Manchester United on Sunday, March 17, 2024.

The game could be a litmus test for the defender and it will be interesting to see how he scales through the hurdle, obviously partnering captain and veteran Virgil Van Dijk.

Last edited: