Joao Cancelo and Wife Daniela Machado Are Expecting Second Child

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Portuguese and Barcelona defender Joao Cancelo shared a happy family photo with his pregnant wife Daniela Machado and Daughter, Alicia Cancelo to announce a good development in the family.

The Portuguese footballer and his wife Daniela who tied the knot in 2021 are eagerly awaiting the arrival of their second child.

The family photo captured the joy and anticipation of welcoming another member into their already tight-knit and loving family.

In a heartwarming moment, the 29-year-old shared a beautiful family photo on his Instagram post, capturing a special moment with his pregnant wife, Daniela, and their adorable daughter, Alicia, who was born in 2019.

The photo shows Cancelo smiling and his wife showing off her pregnancy as their daughter stood between them, grinning from ear to ear.

In the post, Cancelo expressed his gratitude to his beautiful family and the joy they bring into his life with the caption: "multiplying love, happiness and blessings."

The photo gained significant attention on social media, with fans and followers showering the couple with well wishes and congratulatory comments.

Many expressed their admiration for the footballer's commitment to his family and the visible love that radiates from the photo.

Cancelo and Daniela's relationship​

The former Manchester City star announced his engagement to his partner of 10 years, Daniela Machado in 2021.

During his holiday in July 2021, the Portuguese footballer proposed to Machado while they were on a trip to Maldives.

The couple is blessed with an adorable daughter identified as Alicia.

Cancelo's football career and achievements​

Cancelo joined Barcelona from Manchester City on permanent terms in August 2023.

The 29-year-old is the 11th Portuguese player to represent the Barça first team.

Cancelo has achieved numerous league titles with many clubs, but there is an exception of one that has eluded him.

He has secured titles in Germany with Bayern Munich, in Portugal with Benfica, in England with Manchester City, and in Italy with Juventus.

However, during his time with Valencia in Spain, the domestic championship escaped him.

On an international level, Cancelo has had success, winning the UEFA Nations League with Portugal.

Cancelo dedicates his success to his deceased mother​

The defender's mother, Filomena Cancelo, passed away in a car accident nine years ago, a tragedy in which the new Barça signing was also involved, suffering minor injuries.

After the disaster, the 27-year-old struggled to enjoy playing the game and considered quitting.

However, he ultimately decided to dedicate all his success to his mother, who had been a major inspiration in his life.

He shared, "Only I know what she did for me; the difficulties we both went through, the conversations she had with me when there was no money at home. I would tell her that I would try to do everything to give her a better future so that she would never have to work again."

He added, "Even though she's no longer with us, I strive to make her proud every day."

What's next for Joao Cancelo?​

The Portuguese defender will next be seen in action in Barcelona's La Liga clash with Deportivo Alaves today, February 3 at Mendizorroza stadium with kick-off scheduled for 6:30 P.m.