Joao Cancelo Infuriated Over Continuation Of Barcelona's Winless Run Following Draw Against Valencia

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Joao Cancelo was infuriated with Barcelona's result against Valencia, stressing that the “draw makes” him “feel angry”.

He bemoaned over the club's profligacy in attack, expressing that they had 4 golden opportunities that they should have converted.

Cancelo has been impressive for the Blaugrana side, since joining the club on loan from Manchester City in the 2023 summer transfer window.

Joao Cancelo's performance has led to talks of his stay at the Catalan-based club being changed to a permanent one.

The 29-year-old has made 19 appearances for Barcelona, scoring 3 goals and providing 2 assists in all competitions.

Cancelo was facing his former club, Valencia and he put in an impressive display on the night.

Barcelona are currently in a rocky patch across all competitions, as they are winless in their last 3 matches in all competitions.

The La Liga champions sit 3rd on the table, with 35 points from 17 matches, winning 10 games, drawing 5 and losing 2.

They are 4 points adrift from 2nd-place Real Madrid, who have amassed 39 points this season, and 6 points away from Girona, who sit at the summit of the log, with 41 points.

Barcelona will need to weave through this difficult phase and get back in strong contention to defend their crown.

It will be a herculean task for the Blaugrana side to surmount, given the quality of their fellow competitors, but they can still salvage something positive from their season.

Giving his thoughts on the encounter against Valencia, Joao Cancelo said: “This draw makes me feel angry. We had chances to score four goals, we had to score four”.

“It is a bad result, this point tastes like nothing”.

Barcelona got in front at the Mestalla, courtesy of a well-taken goal from Joao Felix, who had the calmness to convert into an open net in the 55th minute.

20 minutes before the expiration of regulation time, Hugo Guillamon brought Valencia level, curling a brilliant effort past Inaki Pena, and into the top corner.

Meanwhile, Xavi Hernandez's position as manager of Barcelona looks to be in limbo, as sporting director, Deco, admitted that he understands the criticism from the fans.

He said: “We are now rebuilding the club. Xavi was brave to accept this job in a difficult moment”.

“I understand criticism as people always expect Barça to win”.

Additionally, following the draw, Hernandez revealed that his players were “upset” and “disappointed” with the result.

Xavi Hernandez said: “We are on the right path. We obviously must improve to win titles and I’m sure we will”.

“Dressing room is upset, disappointed, like me, because we played a good game, good enough to win”.

Barcelona return to action on Wednesday, December 20, 2023, facing Almeria, in a Matchday 18 La Liga encounter.