Jorginho Rains Praises On Kai Havertz

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Arsenal and Italy midfielder Jorginho has commended teammate Kai Havertz for his amazing qualities.

Jorginho expressed in a recent interview that anyone who knows football, won't dislike the German versatile footballer.

The Italian said: “If you know football, it's not possible that you don't like Kai”.

Havertz joined Arsenal from Chelsea on July 1, 2023, for a fee of £65 million, and he has had a wishy-washy start to his time with the club.

The German since his transfer to Arsenal is yet to fully explore his potential, despite being played in different positions by manager Mikel Arteta.

The 24-year-old has scored 4 goals and provided 1 assist in 22 appearances for the Gunners in all competitions.

Kai Havertz moved to the English Premier League in 2020, following his outstanding performances at Bayern Leverkusen.

Havertz during his time at Chelsea made 91 appearances for the Blues, scoring 19 goals and providing 7 assists.

One of Havertz's major contributions to the Chelsea team was helping them secure the Champions League trophy against Manchester City in 2021.

Meanwhile, Kai Havertz was asked about how he felt about joining Arsenal in July 2023, and the German following his arrival said:

“It is super exciting for me personally. I’m so glad to join this amazing club, this club has such a big history, and I hope we can achieve lots of things and I’m just looking forward to meeting all the players, staff and yeah it’s going to be exciting”.

Despite Harvertz's low output in the Premier League since 2020, his teammate at Arsenal, Jorginho, still believes he is a superb player.

The duo were also teammates in Chelsea before Jorginho made a shocking transfer move worth £12 million to Arsenal in January 2023.

Havertz however reunited with his former teammate after he made a move from Chelsea to Arsenal.

Jorginho during a recent interview with The Athletic showered praises on Kai Havertz, when asked if they like to play together, he said:

“If you know football, it’s not possible you don’t like Kai. For me, he’s an unbelievable player, to be honest. As a guy, no words. It’s so, so, good.

“Like such a nice guy. I love Kai and he became a friend and I always want the best for him as a player.

Jorginho also listed some of the amazing traits of Kai Havertz that he has noted, the 31-year-old Italian midfielder said:

“He has intelligence. It’s funny because you look at him and you think he’s not fast and he’s fast, and then you think he’s not strong because maybe he looks skinny, but then he goes to the challenge and he’s strong”.

Jorginho also talked about the massive efforts and hard work that Havertz puts into his craft.

The former Napoli man who looks to be in awe of his teammates added that Kai Havertz wows him with what he does with the ball.

Jorginho said: “But his intelligence, his technique, his finishing when he finishes, I swear to you, it looks like he just like, put it there like he doesn’t care. And then the ball goes to the corner and I’m like, how do you do that”?

The 31-year-old midfielder since moving to the Premier League in 2018, joining Chelsea from Napoli on July 14, 2018, made 213 appearances for the Blues, scoring 29 goals and providing 8 assists in all competitions.

Jorginho joined Arsenal from Chelsea on January 31, 2023, for a fee of £12 million as aforementioned and he has made 33 appearances for the North London side, scoring 1 goal and providing 1 assist in all competitions.

Kai Havertz and Jorginho are aiming to secure the league title this campaign, as the Gunners currently sit at the summit of the log, with 36 points from 15 matches.