Jude Bellingham Reacts to LaLiga Two-match For Verbal Abuse on Match Referee

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Jude Bellingham has reacted to his two-match ban for mouthing invectives on match referee Gil Manzano during a heated LaLiga match with Valencia at the Mestalla Stadium.

The LaLiga giants were forced to drop points as they settled for a 2-2 draw with Valencia although the match was smeared with bits of controversy over what Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti said is 'unprecedented' refereeing decision by Manzano.

It all began when Real Madrid netted a potential late-winner for the Los Blancos but the goal was chalked off by Gil Manzano.

Jude Bellingham had headed home the late corner kick from Brahim Diaz but immediately the corner was delivered, Gil Manzano blew the final whistle when the ball was in the air.

Jude Bellingham and other Real Madrid players were furious with the referee and serenaded him protesting the decision to rule out the goal.

Bellingham appeared to be remonstrating on Gil Manzano, telling to his face that his header was a "f*cking goal."

Reacting to his remonstrations, Gil Manzano sent off the English midfielder with a straight card for his aggressive attitude.

Bellingham seemed down to his gentle self as he reacts to the two-match Ban by LaLiga. Speaking after Real Madrid's 1-1 Champions League draw with RB Leipzig, the former Borussia Dortmund star said he needs to be responsible for his actions, and he understood LaLiga's decision to use him as an example.

“I feel like at times because I’m new and stuff, they want to try and make an example… I need to be responsible for my actions, and I gave him the excuse to send me off,” he said.

Despite his frustration, Bellingham acknowledged his accountability, indicating his willingness to support the team from the stands during his suspension. However, he also hinted at the possibility of an appeal, suggesting that a “better agreement” could be reached between La Liga and the club.

Due to the ban, Bellingham will miss Real Madrid's next two matches against Celta Vigo and Osasuna.