Jurgen Klopp Announces Decision to Step Down as Liverpool Manager a The End of The Season [Video]

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has announced his decision to step down as the club's manager at the end of the season.

In an interview with Liverpool website, Klopp, choked with emotions, dropped the bombshell decision to leave the reins at Anfield at the end of this season.

The Champions League and Premier League winner said;

“I can understand that it’s a shock for a lot of people in this moment when you hear it for the first time, but obviously I can explain it – or at least try to explain it.

“I love absolutely everything about this club, I love everything about the city, I love everything about our supporters, I love the team, I love the staff. I love everything. But that I still take this decision shows you that I am convinced it is the one I have to take."

Liverpool statement confirming Klopp's decision to leave reads;

"Jürgen Klopp has announced his decision to step down as Liverpool manager at the end of the current season, having informed the club’s ownership of his wish to leave his position when the 2023-24 campaign comes to a close."

After sampling several managers, Liverpool stuck with Klopp for eight years following his brilliant start to life at the dugout at Anfield.

Klopp got off to a bang taking Liverpool to the Europa League and EFL Cup final in his first season with the club. In his first two years at Anfield, the 56-year-old raised the bar at Anfield, returning Liverpool to Champions League football and reaching the final in the 2017/18 season.

Since taking over the reins, Liverpool have been Champions League regulars. They only missed out of the competition last season but are back to gears this season.

From 2017/18 to 2021/22 season, Klopp became the first Liverpool manager to take the Reds to three Champions League finals, winning once.

He has won the Premier League, FA Cup, EFL Cup, Community Shield, UEFA Super Cup, and FIFA Club World Cup with Liverpool.

The former Hoffenheim manager has been regarded as one of the best managers in Liverpool history and will leave the club a hero.

Liverpool have confirmed he will be expected to stay through the season, see off the team through all four competitions this season, before taking a bow when the season comes to a close in May 2024.

Klopp may end his spell at Anfield with a quadruple. Liverpool are still in Carabao Cup, had qualify for Europa League round 16, top of the Premier League, and are in FA Cup final.