Jurgen Klopp Says He is 'Convinced' of His Liverpool Exit Decision

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp announced he will leave Liverpool at the end of the season. There have been speculations on why the German tactician has suddenly called it a quit at Liverpool despite his remarkable records and support of the club's hierarchy.

In his extended interview with Liverpool.com, the 56-year-old revealed he is 'running out of energy' to continue on top level and had informed the club in November 2023 of his decision to leave.

If his words is to go by, the former Borussia Dortmund manager is apparently aiming to take a break from football coaching as he is no longer 'young rabbits anymore' and is not 'jumping as high as before.'

At the heart of Klopp's decision to step down is his notion that his 'resources are not endless' and he is running out of the energy to keep the Reds at top level.

Putting it categorically, Klopp said ''I always invested everything I had. I realized my resources are not endless and I prefer to pack everything into this season and then have a break or stop or whatever.'

Compared to other elite football managers such as Pep Guardiola of Manchester City, Carlo Ancelotti of Real Madrid, Mauricio Pochettino of Chelsea, Diego Simeone of Atletico Madrid, and Thomas Tuchel of Bayern Munich, Klopp's decision comes more of a surprise as he is still considered a prime manager in the rank of the aforementioned.

At 56, Klopp has managed three clubs in his managerial career. He started out with his former club Mainz 05 in 2001, managing the club for seven years until 2008 when he resigned after the club was relegated.

His next stop was at Borussia Dortmund. Klopp managed Dortmund for seven years as well from 2008 to 2015 before leaving the club to join Liverpool.

At Liverpool, he has surpassed his 'seven-year timeline,' with his previous two clubs as he has spent eight-and-a-half-year with the club.

While Klopp has been in the dugout for over two decades, his decision to call it a quit is still a surprise. However, the Bundesliga and Premier League winner has insisted he is 'convinced' of his decision to leave.

"I still think it's the right thing to do. I don't take these things lightly. I'm convinced it's right. I have no regrets but a lot of special memories," he said.

What is next for Jurgen Klopp?

Based on his comments, Klopp is more likely to go on an extended break from football coaching. However, it is still unclear whether he will return from the break or totally draw the curtain on his career.