Kenyan Mother Delivers Triplets, Names Them After Arsenal Star Players

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
A mother in Turkana Kenya has reportedly delivered triplets and decided to name them after Arsenal star players Gabriel Martinelli, Gabriel Jesus, and Gabriel Magalhaes.

The trio have become an essential part of Mikel Arteta's team as they push for silverware this season. Meanwhile, in Kenya, the Brazilian stars now have newborn babies named after them.

The woman is identified as Epakan Ekaale, who comes from the Loreng'esinyen village of Letea Ward in Turkana West and is catching up with mixed emotions after receiving a bundle of blessings that she had least wished for.

According to an insider, Ekaale went to Kakuma Mission Hospital to deliver last week and was shocked to learn that it would be three babies and not one as she had thought.

Speaking to reporters, the 30-year-old mother of three said; "I was surprised when I was told that I would give birth to more than one baby, but I thank God I delivered safely with the help of health workers".

However, she further said what worried her most is how she would take care of her new special package of joy as she's currently struggling to make a living by selling charcoal while her husband was said to be a livestock herder.

Meanwhile, as she was contemplating this, help arrived shortly as a group of Arsenal fans paid her a visit at the hospital, five hours after delivery, and combined resources to purchase some necessary commodities for the new babies.

They included baby formula, laundry detergent, bathing soap, diapers, and clothing which were delivered to the latest mother by the supporters, who then helped her name the triplets.

They settled on the name Gabriel and with their Arsenal connection, decided it would be Gabriel Martinelli, Gabriel Jesus, and Gabriel Magalhaes.

Talking about how they named the babies, Emma Nasuru, who is spearheading the supporters' initiative said; "We plan to provide additional support, including food supplies, and ensure regular check-ins after the mother's discharge".

Fans of English Premier League clubs in Kenya, particularly Arsenal and Manchester United, have been known to come together for various causes. This is said to be many of such applaudable adventures.

What's next?

It remains to be seen if the Brazilian stars will reach out to the Kenya woman who named her bundle of joy after them.

In addition, the trio will be seen next in action when Arsenal battle Sheffield United on Monday, March 4, in the Premier League at 21:00 GMT.