Kylain Mbappe Could Be Handed A Massive Pay Cut To Seal Real Madrid Move

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Kylian Mbappe of Paris Saint Germain could be asked to take a 25 million euro pay cut in order to join Real Madrid in the summer.

The France International is reportedly facing a huge task should he decide to finally leave the French Ligue 1 champion, PSG.

What happened to Kylian Mbappe?

Real Madrid's pursuit of Kylian Mbappe has been making headlines since last summer but the move might be in serious danger of being scuppered due to the 25-year-old's massive wage demands.

The Spanish powerhouse were on the verge of signing the former AS Monaco player two years ago, however, a 2024 summer transfer seemed inevitable due to Mbappe's contract with PSG set to expire this season.

According to reports, Real Madrid have informed the French forward to consider a €25 million pay cut to join Carlo Ancelotti’s side.

According to football insiders, Mbappe is demanding a mouthwatering €60 million per year and a signing-on bonus worth €107 million, an amount double what Real are prepared to offer in 2022.

Real Madrid's current offer to Mbappe is lower than what has been offered in the past, while PSG are said to have offered a fresh contract on the same terms. The club are said to be preparing to table an astonishing £86 million per season to convince Mbappe to stay.

It has been claimed that Real Madrid are reluctant to shatter their current wage set-up, even if Mbappe would become the top earner at the club with the current offer on the table.

It is said that the La Liga powerhouse does not want to pay Mbappe significantly more than established players such as Jude Bellingham and Vinícius Junior.

It is reported that those two are currently earning in the region of £9 million net per season.

Meanwhile, the 14-time UEFA Champions League winners are reportedly committed to keeping their wage structure intact, which would mean asking Mbappe to take a significant pay cut from his current deal, which pays him €37 million per season.

Mbappe is yet to make a clear statement on his future and has claimed that he hasn't decided on a future destination yet.

Speaking to reporters, he said; "I haven’t made my decision. I didn't make a choice. But in any case, with the agreement I made with the president this summer, whatever my decision we managed to protect all the parties".

"And to preserve the serenity of the club for the challenges to come. Which is the most important? When will I decide? I do not know".

The 25-year-old's future has been the enormous domino yet to fall in European football in recent years.

After helping PSG win the Trophee des Champions with a 2-0 win over Toulouse earlier this month, he was pressed on his future.

Reporters in France continued to want answers, with the 2018 World Cup winner free to negotiate with clubs outside of Ligue 1 from January 1.

He said; "In 2022, I waited because I didn't know until May".

"If I know what I'm going to do, I'm not going to hang around. That does not make any sense".

"But like I said, the most important thing is to win trophies. The team and the group are looking towards that".

He added; "My situation, no one talks about it within the club. I just want to help win trophies, like I did with the club".

Mbappe seemed to be heading out of Paris when he announced last year he would not be putting pen to paper on a contract extension, and yet activated a clause in his current deal that allowed him to remain at the club on the same terms for a year.

In a bid to cut their losses, PSG accepted a world-record £259 million offer from Saudi Arabia club Al-Hilal, only for their star player to reject a transfer.

He was also suspended from the club's pre-season tour in Asia, before a U-turn from President Nasser Al-Khelaifi.

After manager Luis Enrique lost his first league game in charge, the 2022 World Cup runner-up was quickly reintegrated back into the team.

Should Mbappe depart PSG, he will do so having not fulfilled his promise to win Europe's top prize with the French club.

He played in the UEFA Champions League final in 2020 against Bayern Munich in Lisbon, in which the German club secured a 1-0 victory over the French powerhouse.

What's next for Kylian Mbappe?

The 25-year-old forward may not have made a decision but will have to before the end of the season.

He has offers on the table from both PSG and Madrid, while Liverpool also holds an interest in securing his signature.

The striker will face third-placed Brest in French Ligue 1 on Sunday, January 28.