Kylian Mbappe Set To Sue Kebab Shop Owner For Using His Name Derogatorily

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Kylian Mbappe is set to sue a kebab shop owner for making use of his name in a derogatory manner in one of his “klüb kebabs”.

The “klüb kebabs” is described as a “baker round bread, as round as the head of Mbappe”.

Based on reports from RMC Sport, Mohamed Henni, who owns the kebab shop and supports Paris Saint Germain's rivals Marseille, has received a letter from Mbappe's lawyer, Delphine Verheyden.

Henni has been given a week to rename the takeaway dish to avoid legal actions, due to his use of the footballer's name without consent.

Mohamed Henni shared the letter delivered by Kylian Mbappe's lawyer on social media, and it reads: “Mr. Henni uses Kylian Mbappe's name for commercial and promotional purposes, without obtaining explicit prior consent."

In response to the letter, Henni fired back with rage, claiming that he is a “humorist” and questioned if the footballer wasn't embarrassed at taking the legal route.

Mohamed Henni said: “A player of this level has the time to think about me. He [Mbappe] is using his time and money to attack me.

“I am not hurting anyone, I am a humorist. Are you not embarrassed? Launching a legal complaint for absolutely nothing?”

The owner of the Kebab shop also indicated that Kylian Mbappe is not the only player mocked at his restaurant, as former Marseille and West Ham midfielder, Dimitri Payet also has a pancake dedicated to him.

The pancake was tagged “As loaded as [Dimitri] Payet” and Henni shared that the veteran midfielder has not complained about it.

Mohamed Henni also said that Payet is a player of values, but Kylian Mbappe has lost it completely.

It will be fascinating to see if the Kebab owner will bite the bullet by changing the name of the Kebab, which might have brought him much traction and customers.

Irrespective of his statements, if he didn't get the needed permission from the footballer, legally, he hasn't acted rightfully and as such, if Mbappe pursues the matter head-on, Henni will have to be forced to do the needful if he doesn't in the coming days.

Kylian Mbappe, who is edging closer to the end of his time in Paris, is currently focused on leading Paris Saint Germain to success.

Mbappe has remained fiery all through his career, and the 2023/24 season is not an exception.

The Frenchman has made 36 appearances for Paris Saint Germain this campaign, scoring 35 goals and providing 7 assists in all competitions.

Kylian Mbappe is the Parisians' all-time top scorer, with 247 goals in 296 appearances across all competitions.

Internationally, the captain of the French national team has made 75 appearances, scoring 46 goals and providing 30 assists.