Liverpool Announce Signing Of Dominik Szoboszlai from RB Leipzig

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Liverpool have announced the signing of Hungary International Dominik Szoboszlai from German Bundesliga side RB Leipzig.

Szoboszlai has put pen-to-paper on a five-year deal with the Reds, joining the club until the summer of 2028.

The 22-year-old traveled to Merseyside on Saturday to partake in a medical, which he completed without any issues.

20230702_172336.jpg

Dominik Szoboszlai joined Liverpool from Leipzig after the Anfield club triggered his £60 million release clause.

He is expected to bring something extra to Jurgen Klopp's midfield as he came in under huge recommendation.

The Hungarian will wear the iconic number 8 jersey of Liverpool, a shirt which the legendary Steven Gerrard blossomed in.

Fans of the Anfield club will be hoping that he can recreate the magic which Gerrard show for close to two decades.

Jurgen Klopp has been a huge admirer of Szoboszlai and he opted to sign the 22-year-old, despite considering Mason Mount as an alternative for that role.

The ex-Salzburg midfielder is the second signing of Liverpool this summer, with Alexis Mac Allister having joined in June from Brighton and Hove Albion.

Speaking concerning his arrival to the Anfield club, Dominik Szoboszlai revealed to Liverpool's website that he has a tattoo of Steven Gerrard and that led to him choosing the number 8 jersey.

He said: : “I have a tattoo from Steven Gerrard that was a reason why.

“When I was a child, to be honest I didn't watch that much football, but when it was Champions League I watched, and he was one of the biggest players.”

The 22-year-old also expressed that Liverpool are an historic club and the move was the right step to take in his career.

20230702_172344.jpg

“A really historic club, really good players, good coach, everything is good. For me it was perfect to make the next step in a club like this. The fans, the stadium, everything is really good.”

Dominik Szoboszlai will reportedly earn £150,000 per week at Liverpool, almost double the £80,000 he was earning at RB Leipzig.

The former FC Liefering man was really remarkable for Leipzig as he made 46 appearances for the club, scoring 10 games and providing 8 assists.

Szoboszlai also assisted the German side to win the DFB-POKAL as he netted in their 2-0 victory over Frankfurt.

Cumulatively, the midfielder made 91 appearances for the Bundesliga club, scoring 20 goals and providing 22 assists.

The Reds also shared a video of Dominik Szoboszlai in the club's dressing room where the midfielder was asked by someone how his name is pronounced and he did grant the request by pronouncing his name.

Liverpool also have great ties with RB Leipzig, having signed Navy Keita and Ibrahima Konate from the club.

On the 30th of June, 2023, Fabio Carvalho also joined the German club on a season-long loan deal.

Szoboszlai is a very versatile midfielder as he can also function as right winger, central midfielder, attacking midfielder and left winger.

The Hungarian might not be final midfield addition this summer to the Red's setup, who have also been rumored to be eyeing Southampton's Romeo Lavia and Nice's Khephrem Thuram.

Source: https://futballnews.com/liverpool-announce-signing-of-dominik-szoboszlai-from-rb-leipzig/