Liverpool Complete Signing Of Ryan Gravenberch From Bayern Munich

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Liverpool have completed the signing of Ryan Gravenberch from Bayern Munich for a fee of €40 million.

The Netherlands international has signed a five-year deal with Liverpool, which is valid until June 30, 2028

Confirming the arrival of Ryan Gravenberch to Anfield, Liverpool put out a statement on their website which reads:

“Liverpool FC have completed the signing of midfielder Ryan Gravenberch from Bayern Munich on a long-term contract, subject to a work permit.”

20230902_062816.jpg

He was the 4th signing made by Liverpool this summer, having already signed Dominik Szoboszlai, Alexis Mac Allister, and Wataru Endo.

Jurgen Klopp was keen on adding viable additions to the Reds midfield, having witnessed the departure of Naby Keita, Jordan Henderson, Fabinho, James Milner, and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain this summer.

With the 2023 summer transfer window now shut, Liverpool will have to hope that their signings made this summer click and deliver quality.

Speaking concerning his arrival to Anfield, Ryan Gravenberch told Liverpool's website how happy he is to be signing a deal with a club of such stature.

Gravenberch said: “I'm very happy that the deal is done and I'm finally here. It's one of the biggest clubs in the world.”

He also revealed his desire to win trophies for the Reds, whilst being dedicated to the course.

The 21-year-old said: “Now we start fresh again, a new start, and I'm going to give my all for this club.

“ [My ambitions are] to win prizes. To win prizes, play a lot and show them who we are and who I am.”

He made 34 appearances for Bayern Munich in the 2022/23 season, scoring 1 goal and providing 1 assist across all competitions.

In 24 appearances for the Bavarian giants last term, he started only 3 games in the German Bundesliga, as he wasn't a go-to option for either Julian Nagglesman or Thomas Tuchel.

His inability to crack a starting position at Bayern Munich is one of the biggest factors that influenced his decision to exit the club.

Thomas Tuchel didn't also assure the Dutch midfielder of playing time this season, and he has opted to join Liverpool.

20230902_062835.jpg

Ryan Gravenberch joined Bayern Munich from Ajax on July 1, 2022, for a transfer fee of €18 million.

Liverpool supporters will be hoping that Gravenberch can step up to the plate, as they look to return to intense competition across all fronts.

Jurgen Klopp's side are unbeaten in the 2023/24 Premier League season after 3 matches, with two wins and one draw.

The Reds played out a 1-1 draw in their first game of the league season, before defeating Bournemouth and Newcastle United by 3-1 and 2-1 respectively.

Meanwhile, Ryan Gravenberch also represented the senior men's national team of the Netherlands, scoring 1 goal and providing no assist in 11 appearances.

Source: https://futballnews.com/liverpool-complete-signing-of-ryan-gravenberch-from-bayern-munich/