Liverpool: Five Problems Jurgen Klopp Must Solve

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Ken Ibenne

May 8, 2023
Liverpool need pre-season to double up as Jurgen Klopp is faced with a huge task ahead of the 2023/24 campaign.

collage-44.jpg

The Reds suffered a poor outing last season under Jurgen Klopp finishing fifth in the Premier League after they had an inconsistent run of form which featured some sharp declines before a late rally.

The German had successful seasons prior to last season since becoming boss in October 2015 but he now has to prove his worth through a rebuild.

Liverpool are in Germany now after kicking off the early stages of pre-season training.

For now, the major focus is on the fitness of the players and have friendlies with Karlsruher SC and Greuther Furth coming up, ahead of a trip to Singapore.

Jurgen Klopp have plenty of work to do, and Futballnews has taken out time to look at major areas the German needs to work on..

Jurgen Klopp once built a very strong and formidable Liverpool team, the question is, Can he build another?

See also Harry Kane is back to football ahead of Tottenham vs Wolves game
Well, lets see areas he needs to work on…

Making Most Of Darwin Nunez’s Potential

Whilst fans are more interested in players the club could sign in the summer, it is important to also improve those they already have.

Darwin Nunez signed for the Reds last season from Benfica for £85million and we did not get to see his full potential last campaign.

Nunez, 24, scored 15 goals in 42 appearances in 2022/23 and while that is not enough, the striker needs step up this coming season.

Nunez is good with speed, athleticism and desire to win, but his finishing was nothing to write home about and he needs to be more ruthless.

Klopp may consider playing the striker down the middle but the question will remain, can he become a consistent goalscorer?

Midfield Revamp

The Liverpool midfield is one of Klopp’s biggest assignment, he may need to remodel his engine room following the departure of James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Naby Keita.

See also CF Montreal takes on Forge FC at Saputo stadium
Though The Reds have signed Dominik Szoboszlai and Alexis Mac Allister, Klopp will be hoping both of them fit in real fast and early.

The duo are both attack-minded midfielders, but they are also very tactically flexible, which means Klopp could surprise everyone with their combo.

Klopp also needs to find a balance for Liverpool as he also has Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott and Stefan Bajcetic to consider as well.

Deciding On Who Will Remain At Anfield

The Saudi Arabia clubs have recently been taking up players from the Premier League and it is not favoring Liverpool at all.

Fabinho has been recently linked with a £40m move to Al-Hilal and looks set to take up the offer of leaving.

Jordan Henderson and Thiago Alcantara also, have seen offers from Saudi Arabia Pro League clubs as well.

Klopp is in a dilemma of allowing his captain and his two of his most senior midfielders to leave in the same window.

Should Fabinho leave, as expected, then Klopp will have a huge call to make regarding his new captain.

Losing one veteran might not be an issue but losing two dressing room’s most experienced heads could be risky.

See also Unai Emery Stats, Glowing Performance Since Joining Aston Villa
Playing The Youth Team

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has been quite known for using younger players and we are sure to see that next season again.

Conor Bradley just returned from a loan deal at Bolton and could be the next to break through to the first team.

Though the player has Trent Alexander-Arnold ahead of him in the pecking order, he is confident that he could still make it.

Speaking to the clubs website, he said: “Definitely the biggest [pre-season] of my career so far, I’m fighting for a spot now, I want a spot in this squad.”

image-294.png

“I’m looking to work hard and fight for that spot. I’d say I’m a far better player than last time I was here. I’m really looking forward to the pre-season and trying to show what I’ve got.”

Choosing How To Play Trent Alexander-Arnold

Conor Bradley’s fate is solely dependent on how Jurgen Klopp decides to use Trent Alexander-Arnold.

Alexander-Arnold, 24, did go into midfield at times towards the end of last season and his recent performances for England in that position will have given Klopp food for thought.

Utilizing Alexander-Arnold’s potential in the final third is an important factor for Klopp, who know what the Englishman can do with his right foot.

image-295.png

Trent will be encouraged to take up different positions when Liverpool are in possession, but a full-scale repositioning seems unlikely.

LINK TO STORY: https://futballnews.com/liverpool-five-problems-jurgen-klopp-must-solve/