Man United Winger Antony Digs At The Club Legends For Always Criticizing Him And Not Ask If He's Doing 'OK'

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Manchester United winger Antony has gid at the club's former players for not being supportive or asking if he is doing OK.

The former Ajax winger takes a jab at some of the club's legendary players for targeting him and trying to make negative comments in a digital court.

The Brazilian International joined the Red Devils from Ajax in the summer of 2022 for an eye-catching 85 million pounds.

However, in the middle of the season, he managed to secure eight goals and three assists in 44 outings across all competitions.

Meanwhile, this season has been a different story entirely. The 23-year-old winger is yet to score a goal or even an assist.

Antony was permitted a leave of absence by Man United after numerous women publicly accused him of assault, violence, and causing bodily harm among other things earlier during the campaign.

Antony appears to have narrowly lost favor under Man United boss Erik ten Hag at the moment, who has lately opted to deploy Marcus Rashford on the right wing, with Alejandro Garnacho assigned with the duty of playing on the left flank.

The Brazilian has had his honest share of critics, not only from fans but also from club legends.

In 2022, Paul Scholes tagged the 23-year-old a 'one-trick pony' for his over-reliance on his left foot.

During the Sky Sports broadcast, Gary Neville blasted the forward for kicking out at Jeremy Doku while the Red Devils were losing at Old Trafford after the Manchester derby last month.

In a fair interview, Antony opened up on his critics and said, "I see criticism coming from former club players and other people in the media, who unreasonably express their opinions and influence thousands of fans, sometimes even when I do not play".

"But I’ve never seen them give constructive criticism, which will help me be a better professional. None of them have ever sent me a message to see how I am feeling, especially during this period of turbulence that I am going through".

"The ‘digital court’ is ruining lives, contexts are left aside, and the truth no longer matters. I am silently rebuilding myself, and I know that I will be able to be in my best physical and mental shape and overcome all these barriers and challenges that are in front of me because it has always been like this in my life".

He added; "No one has ever given me anything, I have always fought hard for everything I achieved. I would like to know how these people who make these unfair and malicious criticisms (would have) fared in my place".

Antony acknowledged that his life has distorted radically over the last four years and it hasn’t always been easy to adjust to the transition from growing up in poverty in Sao Paulo in his country Brazil to now playing for the biggest club in England.

He clarified that as it stands, his major fight is getting back in top shape and delivering at the very highest level on the pitch.

The Man United winger indicated that he is still working to fully adapt to the English Premier League and obviously get his numbers up.

What's next for Antony?

The 23-year-old will be looking forward to getting back into the starting lineup as he continues to make an appearance from the bench.