Mauricio Pochettino reveals he cancelled a birthday meal with his wife after Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Brentford

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Chelsea manager Mauricio Pochettino revealed the fact that he had to cancel a birthday meal with his wife after Chelsea played a 2-2 draw with Brentford in the Premier League.

Pochettino said he was devastated after Chelsea dropped two points against Brentford, telling his wife he didn't want to go out for his birthday dinner.

After the game, the wife got upset about the cancellation of the birthday dinner.

In the press conference ahead of the Chelsea game against Newcastle in the Premier League on March 11, 2024, he said, "Saturday, after the Brentford game, the draw was like a loss. It killed my wife because I cancelled our dinner. I said I didn’t want to go for dinner; I wanted to stay at home."

"I was lucky because my coaching staff was with me then. We finished the day watching Real Madrid versus Valencia and had more wine, but nothing exciting. Only watching more football."

Pochettino preferred to watch the Asian Champions League with his coaching staff instead.

He said “Last few days, I was watching all the games. I was not only watching the Champions League and the Championship. I was also watching the Asian Champions League, Al Hilal-Al Ittihad, Al Ain-Al Nassr. I was watching different games.”

The 52-year-old manager is currently under pressure, with Chelsea sitting in 11th place on the Premier League table with 36 points from 26 matches.

Chelsea's remaining chance of winning silverware this season is the FA Cup in an overall poor season. If he doesn't win a single trophy before the end of the season, club owner Todd Boehly is likely to sack the manager.

Due to Chelsea's poor performance, the fans turned on the manager and the club owner, with many of them chanting "f*** off Mauricio."

The majority of the fans want the club to get an interim manager good enough to see off the remaining matches of the season.

Mauricio Pochettino Winning Records at Chelsea Compared to Graham Potter and Thomas Tuchel

Mauricio Pochettino had managed a total of 37 matches for Chelsea, winning 17 games, drawing eight, and losing 12 matches in all competitions. That is a 45.95% winning rate.

Graham Potter coached Chelsea for 22 matches, winning 12, drawing eight, and losing 11 matches in all competitions. That is a 54.54% winning rate. That stat showed Potter was a better manager than Pochettino at Chelsea.

Thomas Tuchel, on the other hand, managed the London team for 100 matches in all competitions. The German manager won 63 matches, drew 19, and lost 18 matches.

That is a 63% winning rate at Chelsea Football Club. He was a better manager than Potter and Pochettino. Although he was not given enough time to change the fortunes of the team.