Megan Rapinoe Claims There Is No God After Tearing Achilles In Final Game

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Ken Ibenne

May 8, 2023
Megan Rapinoe stated that there is no God after sustaining a potential Achilles tendon injury in her final career game, sparking widespread outrage.

RNFH5q1tHtSRimvAb3D4XvUX4fTQRNZw5UHpHwKIuo68q0YXPCIy-0TxAA6XERjaiQr3L0VnO-8aIAk-9bqbqXIWFKILoQOwsV77pK1eY2HMv3-YWA0EI-ADRhzdK5iMH7JXy4HqIqFDOnFToBXq3aE

Before the World Cup in the summer of last year, 38-year-old Megan Rapinoe declared that she would retire from the NWSL with OL Reign.

After OL Reign advanced to the NWSL Championship final, Rapinoe had the opportunity to win her first league championship as a professional.

Rapinoe struck the Snapdragon Stadium ground three minutes into the match after her studs became entangled in the grass.

The midfielder received treatment on the field, and the expression on her face was unmistakable: she realized her career would end in an instant.

The crowd inside the stadium gave Megan Rapinoe a standing ovation as she emerged from the tunnel.

Megan Rapinoe would have an evening to forget as OL Reign lost the match 2-1 to Gotham FC.

She discussed the 'devastating' injury—which she believes to be an Achilles tear—after the game.

While seated next to teammate Rose Lavelle, Rapinoe expressed her opinions on religion in a few strong words.

The two-time World Cup champion announced: "I'm not a religious person or anything and if there was a God, this is proof that there isn't. This is f**ked up!"

"For sure, I tore my Achilles. I mean, f**king needed my Achilles in the sixth minute in my last game ever in the literal championship game," Megan Rapinoe continued.

Megan Rapinoe went on to add: "I guess I just rode until the wheels came right off! Now I'm just a NARP, a normal-ass regular person, having to do rehab which is f**king devastating."

"You gotta find the silver lining and the dark humor, and that's just who I am as well."

"That's life; it's part of the game. I was feeling really good before the game, wasn't feeling tight, or wasn't having calf issues or anything. You don't always get to have the perfect ending."

Rapinoe will be remembered as one of the female athletes who had the greatest impact on the sport overall.

Megan Rapinoe not only won the World Cup twice but also took home the 2019 Ballon d'Or Feminin.

During his career with the national team, Rapinoe made a total of 203 appearances, during which he scored 63 goals and contributed 73 assists.

Megan Rapinoe​

Megan Anna Rapinoe is an American progressive activist and former professional soccer player who was born on July 5, 1985, and played as a winger for OL Reign of the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL), as well as the United States national team.

Awarded the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup Best Player title and the Ballon d'Or Feminin winner, Rapinoe competed for her country in the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup, where the United States placed second.

She also won gold at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London with the national team. From 2018 to 2020, Rapinoe co-captained the national team with Alex Morgan and Carli Lloyd.

She was formerly a player for Olympique Lyon in France's Division 1 Féminine, as well as the Chicago Red Stars, Philadelphia Independence, and MagicJack in Women's Professional Soccer (WPS).

Personal life​

According to Rapinoe, she realized she was a lesbian by the time she finished her first year of college.

She revealed her relationship with Australian soccer player Sarah Walsh, who she has been dating since 2009, in the July 2012 issue of Out magazine.

Rapinoe and Walsh called it quits on their romance in 2013, having been together for about five years. Later on, Rapinoe dated Sera Cahoone, a recording artist for Sub Pop.

In August 2015, Rapinoe and Cahoone declared their engagement. Rapinoe announced that their wedding plans were on hold in January 2017.

Rapinoe and Seattle Storm basketball player Sue Bird announced their relationship on July 20, 2017, confirming that they had been dating since late 2016.

The first same-sex couple to appear on the cover of ESPN's The Body Issue was Bird and Rapinoe in 2018. They announced their engagement on October 30, 2020.

Last edited: