Mikel Arteta Responds to Pep Guardiola's Cheeky Swipe After Tottenham 3-3 Draw

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Mikel Arteta has responded to his former boss Pep Guardiola for his cheeky swipe after Manchester City settled for a dramatic 3-3 draw with Tottenham at Eithad.

Pep Guardiola stoke reactions when he made a humorous allusion to his former assistant manager and Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta in Tottenham post-match press conference.

Center referee Simon Hooper earned the wrath of Erling Haaland, Pep Guardiola, and other Manchester City players after he called back Manchester City's offensive for a foul in the build-up on Erling Haaland.

Jack Grealish was close to netting what would have been a late winner for the home side after Kulusevski restored parity with a 90th-minute goal only for Hooper to call back the game for the foul.

After the match, Pep Guardiola was asked of his take on Hooper's decision not to allow City play on an advantage.

Responding to the query, Guardiola dropped an infamous line, "I will not do a Mikel Arteta comment," making reference to Arteta's Newcastle post-match press conference rant.

Mikel Arteta had fumed on referee Stuart Attwell's decision to allow Anthony Gordon's controversial winner against Arsenal after three VAR checks.

Arteta called Stuart Attwell's decision a disgrace and has been indicted by the FA for the comment.

Pep Guardiola stylishly avoided a similar high-pitched reaction to Simon Hooper's controversial decision with the satirical reference to Arteta.

Mikel Arteta reacts to Pep Guardiola reference

Speaking to SkySport ahead of Arsenal's Premier League clash against Luton, Mikel Arteta made light of Pep Guardiola's satirical reference. When asked about his response to the comment by his former boss, he replied, "next one please."

Arteta was further prised whether 'doing a Mikel' will go down in English football vocabulary and he dismissed the query as well, saying he has enough on his table to handle.

''I have enough on my garden and my plate to handle as well."

Arteta is again on track to challenge for the Premier League title with the Gunners top of the Premier League table with 34 points after 14 games.

They will hope to continue in winning ways when they take on Luton in matchday 15 clash. A win will seen the 2022/23 runners-up extend the lead at the top of the table to four points.

Attachments

• 1701767504808.png
    1701767504808.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 0