My estranged wife refused to breastfeed children, employed 12 nannies,’ Fani-Kayode tells court

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

joseph sunday

Oct 16, 2021
Femi-Fani-Kayode-Precious-Chikwendu.jpg

Former Aviation Minister Femi Fani-Kayode moved on Tuesday to the federal court in Abuja to dismiss the 800 million naira lawsuit filed against him by his ex-wife Precious Chikwendu.

The woman had claimed 800 million naira in damages in a lawsuit against the former minister.

The police inspector general and several Nigerian police officers were named as suspects in the lawsuit.

The other defendants in the lawsuit were the Assistant Inspector General of Police, the Department of Criminal Investigation of the Force (FCID), the Commissioner of Police, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), and the CSP James Idachaba, Responsible Officer, Legal (CID), FCT commander.

She charged the defendants with intimidation and harassment during the custody proceedings for their four children.

She is calling on the court to prevent the IGP, its officers, and men from intimidating and harassing her in any way while she awaits a hearing and a decision on her custody application.

In an affidavit submitted by his lawyers, however, Fani-Kayode requested the court to dismiss the claim for lack of merit.

He called the request abuse of legal process.

According to the former minister, the 23-paragraph affidavit filed by Precious was fabricated to mislead the court and thwart the administration of justice.

He said, he knows that the immediate indictment is just an excuse to bypass the long arm of the judiciary and to slander him.

“There is no basis for this abuse of power and legal process lawsuit.

“It is in the interests of justice to dismiss this action for lack of merits.

"I am making this reciprocal affidavit conscientiously on the basis of facts to the best of my personal knowledge and in good faith and I am of the opinion that it complies with the applicable oath law."

In the alleged separation from their children, Fani-Kayode insisted that his ex-wife had decided to leave their marital home and deliberately left the children.

The ex-minister added: Indeed, it is not surprising that Precious is capable of such ruthless renunciation because while she was with him in the house she employed 12 internal nannies, who also looked after took care of the children.

At no time did she extend maternal care to children on the grounds that she suffered from an illness that deprived her of any childlike connection with them. She withdrew from the children's natural breastfeeding or breast milk, also because of the need to maintain her body shape, combined with an ailment she claimed did not allow her to breastfeed the children.