My sister used to punish me and my siblings, made us sing by force, Teni reflects on her childhood

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Nigerian singer Teniola Apata popularly known as Teni revealed that her elder sister Niniola used to punish her and her siblings and made them sing by force.

images-4.jpeg

Teni revealed this on the recent episode of Tea With Tay podcast.

While growing up, whenever she did something wrong, her elder sister Nini would ask her to go and sing in the corridor as a form of punishment.

She said her sister Nini was a talented singer. She envied her and wished she could sing like her. Nini always sang in the shower and she could change her voice to sound like anyone else.

As time went on, Teni started practicing how to sing and in no time, she perfected her singing ability. She said the punishment was what shaped her musical skills till she became a professional singer.

"When I was younger, I thought I could sing but I was wrong. I sang in the corridor and my voice was horrible. My other sister Doyin used to hype me up but I didn't know she was deceiving me.

I even thought I could sing better than my sister Nini until she told me one day that my voice was bad.", Teni said.

Video credit: Instagram @officialhiptv