"My stage name is actually my mother’s" Singer Asake reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
"My stage name is actually my mother’s" Singer Asake reveals

Screenshot_20230919-133713_Google.jpg

Popular Nigerian singer Asake has revealed that his stage name is actually his mother's name. Asake is a Nigerian singer and his real name is Ahmed Ololade but he is known popularly as Asake.

Screenshot_20230919-133735_Google.jpg

He is an award winning artist known for his many hit songs. He is famously known for singing in Yoruba language. He recently shared that the name he uses as his stage name which is Asake, is his mother's name.
He revealed this in the 2023 edition of the Pause Magazine’s Autium. He revealed how the name came to be and how it stuck with him. He also shared that he went along with the name because he thought it was cool.

Screenshot_20230919-133811_Google.jpg

He stated “My stage name is actually my mother’s. While I was in the cultural group, people used to call me ‘omo Asake,’ which means child of Asake in Yoruba. And after a while, it just stuck. People stopped adding the ‘omo’ and left ‘Asake.’ I thought it was cool and decided to go by it,”

Asake who sings in yoruba also shared that he will continue singing in yoruba language. In his words “It is very important to me, and I am not going to lose it. It is what has brought me this far, and I continue to keep it that way,”