My story at Bayern will soon come to an end - Robert Lewandowski

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
Apr 29, 2022
images (2).jpeg

Robert Lewandowski announced his departure from Bayern Munich on Monday, without elaborating on his future plans, amid reports that Barcelona have made him an offer.

"My stay as Bayern Munich will come to an end at the end of the season" the Polish star striker told reporters in Warsaw.

After what has happened in the last few months, he explained that he couldn't imagine further cooperation if he choses to stay.

"A transfer is the best option. I believe Bayern will not stop me simply because they can."

Barcelona has reportedly made an offer of 32 million euros ($34.5 million) to sign Lewandowski, who has just a year left on his contract (2023).

Lewandowski, who turns 34 in August, teased how much he would enjoy living in Spain in an interview with Polish broadcaster Eleven Sports PL. He further explained that Bayern isn't a bad place to live, not just for vacations but for a lot of other activities, adding that he owns a home in Mallorca.

Watch some highlights of Lewandowski's top skills

Bayern CEO Oliver Khan and director of sports Hasan Salihamidzic have both publicly stated that Lewandowski will not be allowed to leave the club before 2023. Kahn expressed disappointment on Monday that the star striker had gone public.

"I can't tell you why Robert chose this path," Kahn told Sport1.Such public statements don't get anyone anywhere."

Robert has been voted world footballer (FIFA's best male player) here two years in a row, so he should be aware of the opportunities he has at FC Bayern.

Bayern's agent, Pini explained Zahavi, warned Lewandowski's earlier this month against insisting on him finishing his contract. They can as well keep Robert for another year; to be fair, he has a contract until 2023.He went on to say that the issue for Lewandowski isn't money.

For months, he has felt disrespected by those in charge (at Bayern), and FC Bayern has lost Robert the person, not Lewandowski the player.