Neal Maupay Reignites His Feud With Tottenham Hotspur Midfielder James Maddison Over Dart Celebration

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Brentford Star Neal Maupay has reignited his feud with Tottenham midfielder James Maddison after the famous clash between the two players after Tottenham's 3-2 win against Brentford.

Maupay claimed that he found the situation interesting while he was speaking to the Times. He said, "Maddison took it really personally; it’s funny.' I threw a dart, and he got so offended that he posted my picture on his Instagram."

"But if I give a little something, I have got to be able to take it as well."

The feud started when Maupay did the famous Maddison dart throw celebration as his teammate Ivan Toney joined in on the act.
Maddison and Maupay shared a heated argument after the celebration on the pitch.

Maddison went on to hit out on the French star while speaking with TNT Sports in the post-game interview.

After that, the two players went at each other in a separate post on Instagram, with Maddison poking at the Brentford star for not scoring enough goals to have his own celebration.

Maupay replied, saying he had scored more goals and suffered fewer relegations than Maddison, who suffered relegation with Leicester City last season.

However, the player dismissed the suggestion that it was celebration that backfired against his own club, Brentford, with Brendan Johnson later mocking the Frenchman as Tottenham scored three goals in the second half of the game.

Neal Maupay Stats
The attacker had made 365 appearances, scoring 101 goals and creating 32 assists in all competitions. He had received 50 yellow cards and two red cards so far in his career.

Out of the 101 goals scored, 48 were for Brentford, 27 for Brighton, nine for OGC Nice, 13 for Stade Brestois, one for Everton, and three for Saint Etienne.

He has not featured in any game for the France national team. However, if he stays on top of his game, he is likely to get a call-up for the Euros in 2024.

Neal Maupay Age
The striker was born on August 14, 1996, in the city of Versailles, France. He is currently 27 years old, with a height of 5 feet and 8 inches.

Neal Maupay Transfer History
He moved to the OGC Nice Academy in 2007. He made the first team squad on September 15, 2012, for OGC Nice.

Maupay moved to Saint-Etienne on August 10, 2015, on a four-year deal for a fee worth €500,000. On July 20, 2016, the attacker joined Ligue 2 team Brest.

On July 17, 2017, Maupay moved to England to play for Brentford on a four-year deal worth £1.6 million.

On August 5, 2019, Maupay moved to Brighton for a fee worth £20 million on a four-year deal. On August 26, 2022, the striker moved to Everton on a three-year deal.

On September 1, 2023, the attacker moved back to Brentford on loan from Everton.

What do you think about the feud between Maupay and James Madison? Air your views in the comments section.