Nigerian-born Tyough Beetseh who led one of the teams that designed new 2022 Range Rover

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

joseph sunday

Oct 16, 2021
range-rover.jpg

TY, as he is usually being called, was born in Makurdi. He is an entrepreneur, senior management consultant, and seasoned global industry professional who has advised some of the world's largest companies and involved in some key projects for the likes of Jaguar Land Rover, BBC, EDF Energy, London 2012 Olympics, Department for Work, and Pensions, United Kingdom (UK).

On his official Facebook page, TY wrote on Wednesday:

"We did it! This is my blood, my sweat, and my tears, and I'm super proud," he wrote.

“In 2018 I was hired as a Project and Program Management Consultant to lead the Application Delivery and Integration Project - Global IT Manufacturing to build this vehicle. The new Range Rover.

“We all had rough plans, schemes of the new halls, and a small, big-hearted team.

“I led a team that was on average 10 years older and more experienced than me. I was the only black person on my immediate team, but I got on really well with everyone.

“In between, I ran for House of Representatives and juggled a lot between Abuja Airport and London Heathrow.

Sometimes on flights and trips between Abuja and Makurdi. Sometimes on Thursdays in Nigeria, then back to London on Sundays.

“In between, COVID struck. We survived the storm. Keep the project on track. It was hard.

“After all the mornings, late nights, weekend work, long meetings, heated discussions, and intensive presentations. I am very proud of the efforts my team has made to build this car

“I am happy that we can finally share this masterpiece with the world. In fact, it has my blood and sweat in it and I will cherish the experience forever

"Someone from my team once joked that we are building a car that we cannot afford," I replied, "there is nothing that God cannot do"

"Oluwa, now it is time for you to bless your children with this elegance. After all, we do not suffer for me. Amen," he concluded.