Nigerian doctor reveals how his patient left him a touching letter before she died

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
Nigerian doctor reveals how his patient left him a touching letter before she died

Screenshot_20231227-152858_X.jpg

A Nigerian doctor recently shared a post on social media revealing how his patient left him a sweet and touching letter before she passed away. He revealed how the late woman left the letter with her sister to deliver the message to him. The doctor shared this post alongside a picture of the letter on his X (formerly twitter) account. The doctor has been identified as Doctor Donald Aniekwe on twitter. He revealed that he had lost a patient recently and she left him a letter.

He revealed that his patient would always talk to him about God when she was still alive. He revealed that she would also speak about grace, and he began to call her sister Grace. He revealed that the woman liked the name he had given to her, and it stuck. He also shared how she would always pray for him too. He lamented over her death saying, ‘this profession’ ‘this life’ and shared a heartbreak emoji alongside a crying one. From his posts, it was revealed that the cause of her death was cancer. However, the type of cancer wasn’t disclosed. He also revealed that his late patient had given him the consent to post about their interactions on social media. He shared that she allowed this so that it can uplift some other cancer patients and doctors.

He stated “I lost a patient recently. She gave her sister this letter to give me before she died. This profession, this profession, this life. She’d always talk to me about God and about grace. She would always pray for me. I began to call her sister grace. She liked the name."
Her letter read “Dear Dr Aniekwe, I want to thank you for being there for me even when they put you in another unit, you still came to check up on me. You are a good doctor and I pray for you every time that God will bless your kind heart. You have made me not to be depressed anymore with my cancer. I have been feeling depressed since my cancer started but you make it better even when you told me my cancer was bad and I may not make it. I still felt better the way you told me. I pray that God will bless you in your career, health and finance and give you a good wife”

See post below