Nigerian Police kills another person senselessly – Stray Bullet

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adewale Stock

Administrator
Apr 15, 2020
There has been an increase in careless killing of Nigerians by the Nigerian police who are very careless with handling deadly weapons. According to sources, a Pastor was killed during a morning devotion service in Ebonyi by a stray bullet from a Nigerian police.

6148f575e326a.png

Pastor John ONu was killed by a stray bullet at his home in Nkaliki, Abakaliki Local government area of Ebonyi state.

On September 20, 2021, there was a riot in the area where the youth appeared to take the street and then go in to a struggle with the Nigerian police. Some of the officer fired their guns and it hit Pastor John Onu inside his home where he was praying.

"I was about to go to the village that night to calm the youths but some people around told me it was late that time; that it was better in the morning. It was after that that I was informed that somebody died and that they are rampaging to the extent that they came to one Bosco Guest House and they were dispersed by the police," he narrated.

"They went back home and set ablaze houses. Swift reaction was that I was called that they also moved to my own house and also set it ablaze, destroying so many things. I said why? Because I don’t know the genesis of the problem. Late in the night, they also went back to that Bosco’s hotel. According to information, they were even trying to come to Abakaliki local government headquarters but security agencies prevented them. Then this morning, they repeated

"The owner of the guest house, Bosco, Chukwudi Onyibe is my SA on IGR. But information reaching me said that they conveyed Ebubeagu people to go and arrest somebody who stole something and on the way to that place, they had a clash with somebody who overtook their vehicle and from there, they had some squabbles and it was led by one soldier from that our village who was posted outside but returned to the village

"It was one of the Ebube Agu boys that they said that had encounter with them and Bosco wasn’t even with them, he was on the steering. This was what I was told, I don’t even know anything about it.” he added.

When contacted, the Assistant Police Public Relations Officer of the State Police Command, ASP Philip Levi also confirmed the incident but said everything had been brought under control.

It’s easy to say everything is under country but yet, another person died in Nigerian in his home and the Nigerian police are responsible for his death.