NYSC Anthem Composer Oluwole Adetiran Is Dead! Dies At 75

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
Apr 29, 2022
images (29).jpeg

The composer of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) hymn, Oluwole Adetiran, has died. He was 74.

Adetiran's death was reported by the Celestial Church of Christ (CCC) on Friday.

He died after a protracted illness, according to Joseph Ogunremi, leader of the church's core choir.

Details of his burial will be released later, according to Ogunremi.

"We announce the death of the central choir music director, Asst. Ven. Sup. evangelist Oluwole Adetiran, today, Friday May 6, 2022, after a long illness with a heavy heart and gratitude to God." He said, "May his soul rest in peace."

"Funeral arrangements will be publicized as soon as possible." On behalf of all heavenly choirs worldwide, I, Joseph Oluranti Ogunremi, chairman of central choir, urge the parochial secretaries of all celestial parishes worldwide to observe one minute of silence during parish announcements on Sunday, May 8, 2022, and to pray for the deceased's family. "

While serving at The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Adetiran wrote the renowned NYSC anthem in 1984.

When Shuaibu Ibrahim, the NYSC director-general (DG), visited him in July last year, he disclosed how he came up with the anthem.

"I was the leader of a NYSC group known as' the anthem group,' and the then chief inspector assigned us the task of writing an anthem for the NYSC," he explained.

"I went home and spent quality time composing the anthem, which everyone admired, and I still have the drafts."