Obi supports subsidy removal

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi has always been in support of subsidy removal. This has already been disclosed during the election campaign earlier this year when he spoke on what he was going to do if he is elected in office.
20230607_091334.jpg
In a tweet he put out yesterday, he re-affirmed that he has always supported the removal of subsidy since the time of former president Jonathan when he was part of the Economic Management Team.

He said, "If you have followed me very well, right from the time I was a member of Jonathan’s economic management team, I consistently maintained that subsidy should be removed because I see it as organized crime.

People were just stealing the resources of the country and I showed it empirically in my statistical analysis that we were not consuming the amount of fuel they claimed we consumed."