Ousmane Dembele Branded Biggest Game Changer By PSG Boss

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Ken Ibenne

May 8, 2023
Ousmane Dembele has been branded as the 'biggest game-changer' in football by PSG boss Luis Enrique after his performance against Monaco.

pspJVwAk64BAl0DHv19dDAFCLDRQwQqHOyfvW2ztKEo8VNUEmev-9QvHNAH85yYD2RzFu31faqSNz05-jKACGFBfBmOkhnKgVO0lwMgKVAoKQZ5z6uIxxoo2o3p8cy9mneQUblc30jUcGWo2KxdnJfo

Ousmane Dembele struggled in Paris after he joined from Barcelona last summer, but has been blending well into the team so far.

He was outstanding in PSG's 5-2 victory against AS Monaco. He eventually scored in the 16th attempt with a stunning effort.

Though he endured a goal drought for the first period he joined, that, however, did not bother his manager who was full of praise for his summer signing from Barcelona.

Speaking about his performance, Enrique said: "I’ve known Dembele since I was at Barcelona. I wanted to sign him when he was still at Rennes but he didn’t want to move to Barça because there was a lot of competition for places."

"I’ve known him for many years and, in my opinion, he’s a different type of player to anyone else. Now I know him personally too. He doesn’t care if he makes a mistake, he doesn’t care if he gets criticized. It’s a big opportunity being able to coach him," he added.

"I think he’s a different player to the one that was at Barcelona because we want him to play both out wide and infield so he can create. From the moment he arrived."

"People have been obsessed with whether he scores goals or not, but when he has the ball, that frees up one or two other players when we are attacking because of his ability to attack spaces. I have absolutely no doubt he is the biggest game-changer in world soccer."

Despite playing 16 matches, Ousmane Dembele has only scored one goal since arriving in the French capital in the summer and has provided 5 assists.

Dembele will be in action again for PSG as they face Newcastle United in the Champions League round of 16.

Ousmane Dembele​

Masour Ousmane Dembele is a French footballer who was born on 15 May 1997 and plays as a winger for Paris Saint-Germain and the France national team.

Kj7PRIAP83gB5RjQL6xvjCofua4mJRArREQUzk4clZozTQeYTngjjhWphOpUJR53jJ1J4PWaIzdyFHPQdZ1mqLeYZTpqGZEbuPXS_PBOFo8O3PS-NrYuV2jItJ9yBn1rkciciEdkGiuOyfRBPVwwgYo

Dembele started his career at Rennes before joining Borussia Dortmund in 2016. He won the DFB-Pokal with Dortmund in the 2016–17 season, scoring a goal in the final.

After one year, he signed for Barcelona for an initial fee of €105 million, becoming at the time the joint-second most expensive footballer ever, alongside compatriot Paul Pogba.

Dembele went on to win three La Liga, two Copa del Rey, and two Supercopa de España titles with the club. He later returned to France with Paris Saint-Germain in 2023.

After winning 20 caps and scoring five goals at youth level, Dembele made his senior international debut for France in 2016.

He was part of the France squad that won the 2018 FIFA World Cup, also featuring at UEFA Euro 2020 and the 2022 FIFA World Cup.