Paul Pogba Offered Words Of Encouragement By Wife, Zulay, Amid Doping Ban

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Paul Pogba has been given words of encouragement after he was slammed with a four-year ban from football.

Pogba was handed a four-year suspension from football on Thursday, February 29, 2024, for a doping offense.

The Frenchman tested positive for banned DHEA, which naturally boosts testosterone production in August 2023.

Paul Pogba was subsequently handed a provisional ban from the round leather game the following month.

Pogba's suspension runs from September 11, 2023, when he was provisionally suspended from football pending investigation and it runs until September 10, 2027, a year and months after the 2026 FIFA World Cup in the United States Of America, Mexico, and Canada.

That indicates that the former Manchester United man will not be allowed to return to football until the age of 34.

Meanwhile, based on a statement shared by the footballer, Paul Pogba has revealed that he plans to appeal the decision.

The 30-year-old believes that the judgment handed out by the Tribunale Nazionale was incorrect.

Pogba added that he is “sad, shocked, and heartbroken that everything I have built in my professional playing career has been taken away from me.”

Paul Pogba claimed that he would air his side of the story when he is free of legal restrictions, denying “knowingly or deliberately taking any supplements that violate anti-doping regulations.”

The 2018 FIFA World Cup winner shared that he would never do anything to enhance his performance by using banned substances.

Pogba also maintained that he has been a thorough professional, who has eschewed disrespecting or cheating fellow athletes and supporters of any of the teams he has played for or played against.

In concluding his lengthy statement, Paul Pogba made it known that he would appeal the decision.

He said: “As a consequence of the decision announced today I will appeal this before the Court of Arbitration for Sport.”

Meanwhile, Paul Pogba's wife, Zulay, has sent words of encouragement and support to her husband, writing on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/z...rce=ig_story_item_share&igsh=dHpycXl5NHZodDlv

“The truth will always prevail my king, stay strong as you always have been.”

The pair have three children together, all boys, namely; Labile Shakur Pogba, 5, Keyaan Zaahid Pogba, 3, with the name of their third child born in 2023 unknown.

Moreover, Juventus are yet to wade in on the matter, but reports have claimed that the Italian giants are ready to halt their ties with the French midfielder.

Paul Pogba has had a wishy-washy football career, starting at Manchester United before exiting for Juventus.

His first stint in Turin was swashbuckling and that resulted in the Red Devils resigning him for a then-world record fee of €105 million.

Pogba blossomed in his first season back at Manchester United but his performances went downhill subsequently, and he was also not spared by niggling injuries.

Paul Pogba returned to Juventus on July 11, 2022, on a free transfer and he hasn't also returned to his best in Italy.

Anyway, the midfielder has had a pretty successful career, winning several trophies, including; 4 Serie A titles, 1 UEFA Europa League, and 1 FIFA World Cup.