Pep Guardiola Makes Decision On Kyle Walker's Future Amidst Baby Mama's Saga

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Manchester City boss, Pep Guardiola has decided on Kyle Walker's future following the player's baby mama saga.

Guardiola has insisted that he would not axe the Manchester City defender as the team captain despite the 33-year-old personal issues.

The former FC Barcelona head coach said, the former Tottenham Hotspur player, Walker will remain as Manchester City captain despite the negative reports about his private life.

What happened to Kyle Walker?

The former Tottenham right-back was said to have separated from his pregnant wife Annie after she discovered that he's the father of a five-month-old daughter of Lauryn Goodman, a social media influencer and model.

Walker and Lauryn already had a three-year-old son named Kairo, who was born following a short relationship with the Englishman which contributed to a brief separation from his childhood lover Annie.

Meanwhile, Annie Kilner and Walker already have three sons namely Roman, Riaan, and Reign, and it was reported that Annie is pregnant again with her fourth child.

Kyle Walker reportedly met Lauryn in a club in January 2019, four months before his first split from his wife Annie.

The England International developed a relationship with her that lasted until September 2021, with the two even talking about having more babies.

Following his separation from his wife, Annie, in December 2023, the 33-year-old has packed out from his £2.4 million family home and he's currently living in an £8,000 a month rented apartment around Hale, Cheshire.

The England defender granted an interview in which he confessed to cheating on his wife and having two children with a model he had a relationship with.

During the interview, the right-back made a public apology to his pregnant wife Annie Kilner following Lauryn's baby saga. He said he'll take full responsibility for his "idiotic actions".

He said; "What I’ve done is horrible and I take full responsibility. I made idiot choices and idiot decisions. I can’t begin to think or imagine what Annie is going through".

He added; "I’ve tried to ask her but there’s pain and hurt. The man that’s meant to love, care and be there for her, did this".

However, the story has led to calls in some quarters for Walker to have the captaincy removed, with some Man City fans calling for the England international immediate resignation.

Meanwhile, Pep Guardiola has insisted he won't discuss Walker's off-field matters. But the Spaniard made it understandable that the defender would remain as Man City captain because the team had voted for him to be their leader.

The former Bayern Munich manager was asked during his press conference on Tuesday, January 30, ahead of the Premier League game against Burnley on Wednesday, January 31, if Kyle Walker would continue as the Citizens captain. The Spaniard explained that the players decide the team’s captain and he has no involvement in the process.

He said; "Absolutely (he will continue as captain) because it's a decision for the team, not mine".

He added; "I'm not going to talk about that. I will support him and his family and will not talk one word about players' personal issues".

Walker was chosen to be the club's first-choice captain ahead of the 2023-2024 season, with Kevin De Bruyne, Ruben Dias, Bernardo Silva, and Rodri making up the first-team captain's group.

He has played 29 games across all competitions for Manchester City this season, and he played a pivotal role in the club's Treble campaign last season.

What's next for Man City and Kyle Walker?

Kyle Walker and his teammates are currently preparing to face Burnley on Wednesday evening. They will host Vincent Kompany’s side at the Etihad Stadium in a crucial match in the Premier League title race.