Petr Cech Warns Todd Boehly Not To Replace Mauricio Pochettino With Jose Mourinho, States His Reasons

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Chelsea legend Petr Cech has fired a warning to Chelsea owner Todd Boehly not to make the mistake of replacing Mauricio Pochettino with the club's former boss Jose Mourinho.

In a quote shared by The Sun, the former Chelsea and Arsenal legendary goalie said Jose Mourinho is not the right choice for the Chelsea job if Chelsea were to replace Jose Mourinho.

He also made a subtle claim preserving the role of Pochettino as he insisted the decision to replace Mauricio Pochettino would be too soon as well.

However, Cech, who had also served as a top Chelsea functionary overseeing the club's sporting technicalities during Roman Abramovich era, listed out some of the criteria Todd Boehly should envisage in his pick for Chelsea manager.

According to him, Chelsea needs a manager who has a vision for the club and most importantly the club must be willing to give him time to implement his plan and build his dream squad at Stamford Bridge. In this regard, Cech mentioned Mikel Arteta at Arsenal as an example.

Arsenal are now among the top three best teams in the Premier League with Mikel Arteta's long presence with the club allowing him to implement his plan and vision.

''If Chelsea were to replace Mauricio Pochettino, even though I think it is too soon, he (Jose Mourinho) will not be my first choice. Chelsea need a manager with vision. Just like Mikel Arteta had for Arsenal but they need to give him time to implement what he wants to do."

Cech also went on to cite some reasons he would not want Jose Mourinho to become Chelsea manager. According to him, the club does not need a character like Jose Mourinho, who is dramatic, talks a lot, criticizes players publicly, and always causes commotion with his communication.

"They need someone who is focused on the club, on his work and doesn't talk a lot or cause trouble with his communication, and criticize players publicly as Mourinho has done in the past. Mourinho has been successful at the club but we all know he comes with drama," he said.

On some perfect hand that could replace Pochettino, Cech cited Xabi Alonso.

According to him, he is impressed with Xabi Alonso's work at Bayer Leverkusen and the Spaniard could be the best fit for the Blues' job. He also added Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti to the list.

'I'm thinking about Xabi Alonso. I am very impressed with his work in Germany or a character like Carlo Ancelotti. They need someone calm and need continuity at the club.''

Mauricio Pochettino's spell at Chelsea has been far from successful. The Blues have been largely inconsistent under Pochettino but the benchmarks are still promising with the club's hierarchy still keeping faith in the Argentine.