Phil Foden's Mum Arrested For Flicking Off Man's Cap In Club

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Phil Foden's mum, Claire Rowlands, was charged with assault, having flicked off a man’s cap in a club.

Claire has previously told police officers that she is “like an animal when I’ve been drinking”.

Claire Rowlands also acknowledged that she “was a bit of a bitch” after she charged at officers during a vodka and tequila-fuelled girls’ weekend.

Based on a court hearing, the incident began after bouncers ejected her for a fracas caused by her “party trick” of flicking off a man’s cap.

The 44-year-old had been invited to a friend's caravan for a “respite break” – informing magistrates that her youngest son, Foden's brother, was acutely disabled and needed 24-hour attention.

She gulped drinks and partied at a sports bar before the fracas with the male clubber occurred in Towyn, North Wales, last September.

Following her ejection, she told officers to “f*** off”, and she was apprehended, cuffed, and subsequently spent the night in the cells.

Claire Rowlands admitted in an interview: “I kicked off with the police officers. I was a bit of a bitch.”

Claire is a stay-at-home mum and she added as aforementioned that she doesn't drink often, but was “like an animal” when she gets intoxicated.

Phil Foden's mother was cleared of assault by Llandudno magistrates’ court but fined for being drunk and disorderly.

Rowlands, who is married to Phil Foden Snr, told JPs that watching over her disabled son was majorly grueling.

Due to her busy state, two of her friends treated her to a weekend in a caravan owned by the aunt of a pal.

Speaking regarding what ensued, Claire Rowlands said: “The plan was just to go out, have a laugh, let our hair down and enjoy ourselves. We went to the caravan, had a few cans, washed our hair, and got all dressed up.”

The Englishwoman then expressed that she alongside her pals then went to a bar on the caravan site and “had some fun, doing some karaoke and getting all the old people dancing to Motown”.

The 44-year-old said she was necking vodka and tequila shots and the group moved to Sunny’s in Towyn.

Claire also told the court: “It was a bit of a sports bar. There were loads of local families. It was quite full.

“It was a good atmosphere, everyone was chatting and getting on. “We were getting on the karaoke, giving everyone the confidence to sing and just having fun.”

After the close of activities at the bar, the party went upstairs to Bentley’s nightclub, which opened at 10 pm.

Claire Rowlands said: “My friends were speaking to a couple of lads. There was no animosity, I was drunk and enjoying myself.”

The court heard that Rowlands was then requested to exit the location by doormen who accused her of assaulting someone.

Meanwhile, Magistrates watched a 30-second CCTV footage from the club which showed Rowlands knocking a baseball cap off Paul Shortman’s head.

She afterward picked it up off the floor, swinging her arm all in an effort to put it back on Shortman's head.

Phil Foden's mum solicitor Simon Martin expressed that the footage showed her speaking with Mr Shortman at the bar and displayed her knocking his cap off by hitting the peak.

Solicitor Martin asked Claire “What was going through your mind?”

She replied: “I was just drunk. I was having a bit of fun. I had done it to a lad earlier. It was just a bit of fun, really.”

Mr Martin also asked her if she had any intent to harm him?, and she replied: “No.”

Simon Martin shared that the CCTV showed her walking across the dancefloor and picking up the cap.

Claire Rowlands was under the influence of alcohol and admitted that her alcoholic state of mind fuelled her actions, as it wasn't done intentionally.

Claire claimed that she felt Mr Shortman was one of her friends, who had been partying all evening long.

Meanwhile, she disagreed that her actions had been reckless, stating: “I did not mean him any harm or to hurt him and you can see that on the video. It was just a bit of banter which has been taken the wrong way.”

Chairman of the magistrates Duncan Campbell said the prosecution had not proved assault and such it was a case of her being under the influence.

He said: “It is clear at the time that you were drunk, fooling around having fun. It is for the prosecution to prove its case beyond reasonable doubt and that you intended to use force.

“It is telling that Mr Shortman has not attended and that your actions were not consensual. Therefore we find you not guilty.”

Anyway, Claire Rowlands received appropriate punishments for being drunk and disorderly outside the club.

The 44-year-old had pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing, where she was slammed with a fine of £100, with £85 costs and a £40 surcharge.

Simon Martin also expressed that Claire Rowlands was a stay-at-home mum and as such had no regular income and was not recipient of any benefits.

Claire was therefore given 90 days to pay the £225 in fines and costs. She exited the court alongside her husband, Phil Foden Snr with a coat covering her head.

It is known that the pair are directors of PWF Management Ltd, a company named after the initials of their son, Philip Walter Foden, who plays for Manchester City.

Last edited:

LagosPolice

Administrator
Oct 14, 2020
do we have any image or capture of the icident and what was Phil Foden's reaction to this. His mom has been in many public chaos lately. Can you shed light on her continue public madness ?