Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg Turns Down Tottenham Exit Amid Interest From Top European Rivals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Pierre Emile Hojbjerg has played down Tottenham exit despite interest by trophy-winning European rivals.

The Danish midfield sensation has been a top target for top European clubs this summer. Serie A giants Juventus and Ligue 1 outfit Lyon have been on the trail of Hojbjerg.

Since joining the club from Southampton in 2018, Hojbjerg has been key to the Lilywhites but has shared in the club's long-running trophy drought.

With the exits of former elite footballers like Harry Kane and Eric Dier from the London club, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg was also tipped to leave the club with interests from better-standing European rivals.

However, the Danish midfielder has reportedly turned down any move away from Tottenham Hotspur this season, counting on the club's resurgence under Ange Postecoglou.

According to Hojbjerg, Ange Postecoglou is doing a great job with the team and could end Spurs' dragging trophy drought.

The 28-year-old added he is happy to be a part of the new face of Tottenham under Postecoglou and hopes the club will continue their push for a top-four finish and possibly the Premier League title

"I definitely feel I can help the team. I would like to play every game, that’s no secret and, like I said, there’s ambition and the most important ambition is the team’s ambition.

“We’re all ambitious but I think the important thing is to stay ambitious on behalf of the team and this is the main thing that we can all keep our ambitions from the team’s perspective.

‌“Of course, this is for me the key. The key is that we are playing for something. I always said in the past like I say now, is what drives me is the purpose of fighting for something and I definitely feel that Tottenham is fighting for something. “This is for me the key and we are here to push, I’m here to help, I’m here to improve always and this is my target.”

Hojbjerg has 21 Premier League appearances for Spurs this season and is considered key to Ange Postecoglou's squad.

However, Hojbjerg's Tottenham future is still in the balance. He has 18 months remaining on his deal and is yet to sign a new contract with the club. Sources close to the club reveal Spurs are not ready to offer the Danish midfielder a new contract and could be forced to sell him at the end of the season.