Police arrest UniPort student for stabbing his girlfriend to death

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
Police arrest UniPort student for stabbing his girlfriend to death

Screenshot_20230729-073205_Google.jpg

The officers of the Edo state Police command have arrested a UniPort student for stabbing his girlfriend to death. This student has been identified as Victor Ochonogor and he is 24 years old. He is a final year student of the department of Applied and Industrial Chemistry at the University of Port Harcourt.

Victor was arrested for allegedly stabbing his girlfriend, who has also been identified as Success Regha, to death recently. This incident occurred on Monday August 28 2023.
He had committed this act of stabbing his girlfriend at Number 10, Osahon Street, Ogheghe Quarters, off Sapele Road, in Benin City.

He and his girlfriend had been inside the house together. They had locked themselves inside the house and a fight had broken out where the duo began stabbing each other leading to the death of the young lady.

It was the state Commissioner of Police, who is Muhammed Dankwara, who disclosed the incident at a press conference yesterday, Tuesday August 29 in Benin. He shared that it has been the Landlord of that building, Mr Emmanuel Momoh, who had reported the case to the police.

Victor stabbed his girlfriend in the neck and chest using a knife. He had revealed to the newsmen that he and his late girlfriend, Success, had been dating for 3 years.
He shared that she had travelled from Asaba to Benin to visit him. During their time together that particular day, she had accused him of being a kidnapper and he had been angered by the accusation she made.

In his words, “I have been dating her for three years now and she accused me of being a kidnapper. I asked her why she was accusing me of being a kidnapper”
it was in the midst of the heat of this argument that he stabbed her to death.