President Tinubu announces the commencement date for the student loan programme

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has finally announced the commencement date for the proposed student loan programme.

20230610_73951.jpg

In a recent address during the annual Nigeria Economic Summit at Transcorp Hilton, Abuja, President Tinubu announced that the student loan programme will be effective from January 2024.

The president also assured Nigerians students that the incessant industrial action by the staff union of universities will be put to a stop.

He said, "By January 2024, the student loan programme must commence. To the future of our children and students, we are saying, 'No More Strike"

He added that there must be consumer credit and the scheme which will be applied will come to effect as soon as possible. He said this will aid an effective anti-graft programme to fight the corruption in the current administration.

He continued by saying that the quest to fight corruption is incomplete when the citizens cannot even afford to buy a car and there is no mortgage for homeowners as well. He mentioned that a civil servant cannot afford 3 or 5 million naira to buy a house without engaging in corrupt practices.

"There must be consumer credit; the scheme will have to come into effect as soon as possible. I thank my team and my colleagues for building this programme.

We cannot talk about anti-corruption when you have to look for cash to buy a car when there’s no mortgage for homeownership,"he added.