President Tinubu " I am deeply saddened by the devastating explosion that occurred in Ibadan"

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

OmoAlaji

Oct 14, 2020
I am deeply saddened by the devastating explosion that occurred in Ibadan, the capital of Oyo State, on Tuesday night. The explosion killed two persons and wounded about 80 others. It also destroyed several buildings, vehicles, and other properties. It is worrisome that the cause of the blast is being attributed to the activities of illegal miners. Those behind the inexcusable and reckless behavior that has created the conditions for this sad incident to occur must be fished out and punished. I commiserate with the government and people of Oyo State and call on all concerned agencies of government to unravel the circumstances that led to this tragedy with alacrity. I have directed the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) to work with the Oyo State Government to offer immediate and comprehensive relief to the victims.