Real Madrid Makes Decision On Toni Kroos' Future As Midfielder's Contract Nears Its End

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Real Madrid have reportedly made their decision on Toni Kroos' future as his contract approaches its expiration date in the summer.

According to several German media outlets, the possibility of the former Bayern Munich midfielder staying for another year in the Spanish capital has increased.

Carlo Ancelotti who has already signed a contract extension until the summer of 2026, highly values Kroos for his tactical prowess at the center of the pitch and the coach is supporting Kroos' contract extension, especially with fellow midfielder Luka Modric's diminished significance at the club.

Despite the excellent performance of younger talents like Eduardo Camavinga and Aurelien Tchouameni, Kroos continues to be a pivotal figure in Real Madrid's midfield as he continues to impress always in critical matches for Los Blancos.

His current performances have persuaded the club hierarchy of his lasting quality and it has been reported that discussions over his contract extension are anticipated to begin at the end of March 2024, with both parties keen on reaching an agreement.

According to insiders, Toni Kroos has allegedly made it clear to his pals that he hopes to either continue with the Spanish powerhouse or retire from professional football at the end of the current season.

However, If he chooses to try his luck for more silverware beyond next summer, Madrid are ready to offer him a new one-year contract, similar to what was given to him in 2023.

Speaking on his desire to stay at Real Madrid, Toni Kroos said; "I want to finish my career at a very high level. I am the same as I was a year ago. We will see. I want to make the right decision. I do. The national team is a possibility, but I haven't decided anything".

"I'm not worried about what might happen".

"A decision can be taken before the end of the season. I'll take it when I think it is time. You can see the field that doesn't affect me one bit".

When asked to comment on what has been an outstanding 2023/2024 campaign so far, he added; "It's not easy to play for so long at a high level. I'm happy with my performance, but the real season starts in March or April".

It is speculated that Kroos is also considering a return from international retirement and playing a part for Germany's national team in the upcoming 2024 European Championship if he is indeed called up.

Nonetheless, Madrid will remain a significant part of his life post-retirement as his family including his wife (Jessica Kroos) and children have found comfort in Spain.

What's next for Toni Kroos?

The 34-year-old Germany International will be seen next in action on Sunday, February 18, when Real Madrid battles Rayo Vallecano in the Spanish La Liga at 14:00 GMT.