Robert Lewandowski Awarded Pichichi Trophy As 2022/2023 La Liga Top Scorer

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Robert Lewandowski of Barcelona has formerly received the prestigious Pichichi Award for securing the position of Spanish La Liga top scorer during the 2022/2023 campaign.

The outstanding striker has recently earned recognition for finishing as the leading goal scorer in Spanish La Liga last season, having bagged an outstanding 23-goal tally for Barcelona.

In a picture catching the moment, the Polish striker can be noticed proudly holding the Pichichi trophy, visibly showing his enthusiasm through the wide smile covering his face.

Robert Lewandowski's excellent performance in the league during the last season established his status as a crucial asset for FC Barcelona.

Since joining the Spanish giants from Bayern Munich last season, his impactful assistance has been noteworthy, indicating his unwavering dedication and skill on the field.

The forward continues to display extraordinary form and he's showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon.

Having joined Barcelona last year, the 35-year-old soon became an essential part of Xavi Hernandez’s team.

Robert Lewandowski ended up playing a pivotal role as Barca secured the La Liga title thanks to his outstanding goalscoring form.

The former Borussia Dortmund player ended the 2022/23 campaign, his first season in Spain, with 23 goals in 34 La Liga games, which won him the Pichichi Trophy.

The Poland International defeated competitor Karim Benzema to end as La Liga’s top goal scorer in his debut campaign in the Spanish top flight. He faces competition from Jude Bellingham in this current season.

Robert Lewandowski was pleased with Pichichi's victory on Thursday, November 23. The striker attended the MARCA Football Awards Gala where he was handed the Pichichi Trophy. Screenshot_2023_1124_142836.png

The 35-year-old spoke at the event and reflected on his happiness about having tasted so much achievement in his first season at Barcelona.

He said; "I want to thank my family, team, coach and staff. It was very important for me to adapt quickly to the team, everyone helped me from the start. We won La Liga, the Super Cup, and now the Pichichi. I’m very, very happy".

However, Lewandowski has not been in his best form so far this season. Jude Bellingham’s extraordinary start to life in Spain with Real Madrid means that the Barcelona striker is struggling in the Pichichi Trophy pursuit.

Bellingham is currently leading the scoring charts with ten goals in 11 La Liga matches, two of which came in the El Clasico last month. Lewandowski, on the other hand, has seven goals in 11 outings.

Speaking of the Pichichi race for this season, Lewandowski claimed that there is still a ton of time left in the season.

He said; "The season is long, but Jude is here, a very good player. I think it’s not easy now to score a lot of goals in La Liga, many teams play very defensively, and physically as well. But we are Barcelona, and we always want not only to win but also to score a lot of goals".

What's next for Robert Lewandowski?Screenshot_2023_1124_142957.png

The striker was back on target against Alaves during their last outing before the International break but has failed to score in his last two away matches.

Therefore, the 35-year-old will be looking forward to adding to his tally when Barcelona plays on Saturday, November 25, against Rayo.