Russell Crowe Becomes A Part Owner Of Championship Side Leeds United

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Hollywood Star Russell Crowe has become part of the owners of the Championship side Leeds United as the club aims to return to the 2024-25 Premier League Season.

Leeds United made this announcement through their Twitter account. In response to the announcement, a Twitter user suggested the Hollywood star should put his money into League Two team, Wrexham.

However, the Gladiator star denied associating with Wrexham. Instead, he focused on investing a lotinn Leeds United.

He said, "I don't have any part of what's going on in Wrexham man. I'm really impressed with Ryan and Rob, and what they are achieving, but I'm not part of that."

"I do however have a very small connection now financially to LUFC via the 49er family. So, yeah, exactly, but opposite."

Crowe is a huge fan of Leeds United having been hooked watching the match of the day as a kid in his native New Zealand.

He even considered buying the football club in 2015, calling them a sleeping dinosaur at the time. The Superstar has a net worth of £95 million.

Swimmer Michael Phelps who won 23 Olympic golds and golf superstar Jordan Spieth are among the names that have minority investment in Leeds United.

Leeds United announced that American Group 49ers Entreprise has taken over the club last summer.

Leeds United are currently in the third place on the Championship table behind Leicester City and Ipswich United.

American Celebrities With Minority Investment In Football Clubs

1. LeBron James

James is not only a die-hard fan of football but a minority investor in the 2023/24 Carabao Cup winner, Liverpool. He bought 2% of the Football club in 2011 which was worth $6.5 million.

The value of his investment had increased to $32 million as of 2018. Since he invested in the club, they have won all the available trophies in Europe.

2. Drew Carey
The Comedian has had a minority investment in the American club, Seattle Sounders FC since 2007. It was revealed that he acquired 7.5% of the football club.

3. Michael B. Jordan
The American actor has a minority investment in Premier League side AFC Bournemouth. He brought a touch of Hollywood investment to the Premier League.

The actor had shown commitment to making the club successful by making appearances during the match days and contributing immensely to football decisions in the club.

4. LeBron James And Drake
The basketballer and the Canadian rapper made the headlines with a minority investment in Serie A giants AC Milan. Their investment showed their love for the game of Football.

What do you think about Russell Crowe's investment in Leeds United? Air your views in the comments section.