Sam Altman returns to OpenAI as CEO

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
Sam Altman returns to OpenAI as CEO

Screenshot_20231118-110221_Google.jpg

Sam Altman who was recently fired from the position of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of OpenAI has been reinstated to his position as CEO. He is set to return to OpenAI as the CEO of the company after days of long drama. This came after 5 days of intense discussions and debates that had come after Sam Altman was suddenly fired from the company which he also co-founded.

OpenAI revealed recently, that they have reached an agreement in the deliberation of Sam Altman’s return to OpenAI. They also went ahead to reform the company board, they removed many members and replaced them. The new board consists of Bret Taylor who is the Former Salesforce chief executive, Larry Summers who was the former US Secretary of the Treasury, and Adam D’Angelo who is the founder of Quora.

Screenshot_20231118-110233_Google.jpg

Recall after Sam Altman was suddenly fired last week from the company, Microsoft, hurriedly made the decision to hire Sam. Microsoft owns about 49% of OpenAI. They were surprised by the sudden decision made by OpenAI but took the opportunity to hire Sam. Recall some other members of OpenAI also resigned after Sam Altman was fired last week.

OpenAI has now reviewed their decision and have decided to reinstate Sam to his position as CEO. They revealed this in a recent post on twitter.
In their words "We have reached an agreement in principle for Sam Altman to return to OpenAI as CEO with a new initial board of Bret Taylor (Chair), Larry Summers, and Adam D'Angelo. We are collaborating to figure out the details. Thank you so much for your patience through this.

Sam Altman then responded to their tweet with emojis.

Few hours later, he also took to his Twitter account to share his love for the company. He revealed that he is looking forward to returning to OpenAI to work.
He said "i love openai, and everything i’ve done over the past few days has been in service of keeping this team and its mission together. when i decided to join Microsoft on sun evening, it was clear that was the best path for me and the team. with the new board and with satya’s support, i’m looking forward to returning to openai, and building on our strong partnership with Microsoft."