Simi responds to lady that says she is not a fan of the singer's voice in singles

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria
20230719_084850.jpg

Yesterday, Adekunle Gold shared a video of him and Simisola recording "Look What You Made Me Do," one of the tracks in Adekunle Gold's anticipated album, "Tequila Ever After."

Watch the full video here.

In the comment section, a lady with the handle, Eniola, said she enjoys listening to Simi's features more than her singles. The way she phrased her comment came off as offensive to the singer.
Screenshot_20230719-071211_1.jpg

Minutes later, Simisola responded to Eniola's tweet by writing, "It's literally the same voice. The same writer. The same singer. This is gonna be hard to hear, but some of you wait for men (because na dem dey feature me) to give you permission to validate my talent. I honestly say this with zero malice. I'm just used to it now and I think people should just enjoy what they enjoy rather than make it seem like I off my magic button when I'm singing my own songs. Nobody will beat you."

From Simisola's response, the singer seemed hurt to have read Eniola's comment. At the same time, she shrugged it off because, according to her, she is not new to getting criticized. Here are a few comments from other people who gave constructive criticisms. They told the singer not to perceive Eniola's response from a place of hatred, but love.

Screenshot_20230719-072753_1.jpg

Screenshot_20230719-072903_1.jpgScreenshot_20230719-073133_1.jpg

A few minutes later, the singer went on a rant to shut the critics off. She made it clear that she doesn't put in extra effort to make her features a hit. Simi also responded to those that claimed she ignores positive comments and only replies to negative ones.

"I am Simi. I do not go harder on my features. Matter of fact, If I write a verse that is too hard, I might keep it for myself. Still, I kill," she said.

She continued, "If you're always thinking I'm fighting, you'll never understand me. Again, that's on you. If you're not a fan or friend, you're crazy to think I never acknowledge positive comments or people that love me. I write songs about my fans. We're obsessed about each other. So if all you see is when I respond to something not positive. Then it's because you're attracted to bad energy. Again, that's on you."

Read other tweets from the singer.
Screenshot_20230719-073343_1.jpgScreenshot_20230719-074058_1.jpg