Singer Tems reveals she started making music because she had no friends

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Nigerian singer Temilade Openiyi popularly known as Tems has revealed that one of the major reasons why she became a singer was because she had no friends.

20230910_163452.jpg

In a recent interview, Tems discussed how she feels about her music going global, fans accepting her sound and being competitive in the music industry.

She was quizzed about how she'd feel if she releases music she feels is good but the fans don't give her accolades. Tems said she isn't in a competition with other artists. Instead, she is competitive within herself. She said nobody can compete with her.

Tems said, "Nobody can compete with me. I'm an original. I birth children. I'm just about being true to myself. My music is for people that relate to it. My music is coming from me. My music is my outlet."

20230503_230907.jpg

Tems said she started making music because she didn't have friends. She needed to express her feelings and she didn't have anyone to say it to so she just sang her heart out. She revealed, "I'd sing it. I'd write it in a song and sing it and record it on my phone. I was doing that for years."

The "Me & You" crooner said whether anyone listens to her music or not or whether it does well, she has to release it to the world to connect with it. Tems said all the awards and achievements she has today was never imagined or asked for in her life.

She has never dreamt of being an Oscars nominee. She said her dream was to sing to people in a lounge. "I've never thought of accolades. I just want to get my song out there before I die.", she added.