Teenager confesses to being a part of over 40 robberies in Ondo state.

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
Teenager confesses to being a part of over 40 robberies in Ondo state.

Screenshot_20230729-073205_Google.jpg

A teenager in Ondod state has confessed to being a part of over 40 robberies which have taken place In the state. This teenage is just 16 years old and has been identified as Sunday Ojo.

He is also known by his nickname which is after a notorious armed robber, Oyenusi. He confessed that he has been involved in more than 30 armed robberies which have occured in Ondo state. He shared this on Monday August 21 2023.

He had been arrested by the Ondo State Security Network Agency known as Amotekun Corps. He was arrested alongside 2 other young robber suspects. One of the suspects is a 13 year old boy named Timileyin Femi, while the other is a 16 year old teenager named .Matti Lowe.

He alongside the other suspects have been paraded. He was speaking to the news men when he revealed this.

He said “l have lost count of the robbery operations I have been involved in. But they can’t be fewer than 40. I was overwhelmed by an evil spirit that motivates me to steal,”

It was the state Commander of Amotekun, who is Chief Adetunji Adeleye, that described him as a second-time armed robbery suspect. He said that this was the second time they will arrest him. The first time was three years ago and thus was for illegal possession of firearms and robbery. He was 13 years old at the time so they had taken him to a juvenile home then.

He shared that this was best they could do at the time which was to hand him over to a juvenile so he could be rehabilitated.

He added "This time, he broke into several shops and removed items. Between then and now, he confessed that he had engaged in over 40 housebreaking activities.”

The other suspects who were also paraded had involvement in various criminal activities in the state such as robberies, Kidnapping etc.