The Lagos bus driver Oluwaseun Osinbajo who was involved in bus and train accident in Lagos has asked for forgiveness

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

DinoOmoAle

Feb 28, 2023
Oluwaseun Osinbajo was the driver who was behind the wheel of the bus that collided with a train in Lagos. he has come forward to ask for forgiveness and blamed the crash on a faulty bus. It's not my fault he said. However, some people have died.

The driver of the Lagos State Civil Service staff bus that had a collision with a train at the PWD/ Shogunle railway line, on the Agege motor road in Lagos, on Thursday morning, March 9, has begged victims of the accident to forgive him.

Some of the wounded passengers of the bus had told the Sun that the 44-year-old driver, Oluwaseun Osinbajo, had his earpiece on while driving and ignored the directive of the Nigerian Railway official flagging down the bus at the rail line. The driver, however, blamed the incident on a mechanical fault in the bus.

Osinbajo who works with the Lagos State Ministry of Transport has been transferred to the State Criminal Intelligence and Investigations Department (SCID).

He was said to be overheard narrating to some of his relatives who were waiting for him there.

“It was not my fault. How could I have ignored warning signs? The bus had a mechanical fault. It is a pity this has happened. I beg everyone affected to please forgive me in the name of God,” he said
The accident claimed the lives of six persons and left over 80 others injured. 32 persons have so far been discharged.