The Nigeria government refused to declared the state of emergency even with flood killing people

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

LagosPolice

Administrator
Oct 14, 2020
Speaking on Channels TV on Thursday night, October 20, Suleiman says the relevant authorities have not said they are not capable of handling the flood crisis across the country so he sees no reason for a state of emergency to be declared yet.

Over 600 persons have been killed and over 2 million displaced due to the flood disaster this year.

Flood has been washing people away in Nigeria and a lot of them are dying, as a result road are closed, no food, no drinks all over Nigeria.

Although, the rainy season as passes in Nigeria, but the rain is falling and it’s clogging the gutters and causing homes to flood. No help, no relief no state of emergency from the Buhari government.

“It is certainly an emergency situation but it depends on what you call a ‘state of emergency’.

We have not reached a situation, in my view, where the relevant emergency management authorities are not being able to deal with this situation. I’m not aware that has happened. I’m sure if the situation was beyond our capacity, certainly a state of emergency, whatever that may encompass, would have been declared in the country.”

According to him, the main cause of the flooding was unprecedented rainfall. He said rainfall in the North-East had been four times above the normal average. He said that the government has an early warning system communicated through the Annual Flood Outlook but added that the report could not have predicted this year’s intensity.

“It’s been a terrible one. Our hearts go to the victims of this flood. Basically the entire country has been affected.” he said

Watch a video of him speaking below...

LagosPolice

Administrator
Oct 14, 2020
So who is going to rescue Nigerians now that the government is saying they they won’t do anything about it.