The song was a conversation with God, Tems speaks on creating her latest single "Me & You"

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Nigerian singer Temilade Openiyi popularly known as Tems has revealed the inspiration behind her latest single "Me & You".
20231022_162930.jpg

In a recent interview with BBC Radio, Tems revealed that the song "Me & You" was originally a freestyle she wrote a few days after the Essence music video shoot with her senior colleague Wizkid in 2021. She said the song was made while she was having a conversation with God.

I made this song two or three days after we shot the music video for Essence. This song was actually created in 2021. Believe it or not, this whole song was my freestyle.", Tems stated.

Just as the song's music video depicts, Tems said she wants to be looking out on the waters to God. She said the music video is about God being with her in every version since she was little up to where she is now.

She added, "God being there with me, taking me through every single thing. I'm blossoming and transforming into who I'm meant to be in the end."

Tems released her latest single "Me & You" on 5th October 2023 after a two-year break. Though, the song which was well received by her fans home and abroad was heavily criticized for its music video.

There were speculations that the singer was trying to create a visual representation of the African river goddess "Oshun" and Tems to disproved it immediately.

img_1697989012576_1.jpg

She took to her X clarifying that her song is about Jesus Christ teaching her how to walk on water because He changed her life.

Screenshot_20231022-163305_1.jpg